About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Jungfrau region & Lucerne in July 2021 from Canada
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Jungfrau region & Lucerne in July 2021 from Canada

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Sohailghori
Sohailghori
7 posts
Oct 8, 2020 - 1:54 AM

Hi,

My name is Sohail from Toronto, Canada and I got a lot of help from this forum in Sep. 2019 and because of you guys I was able to plan things properly and you guys doing great job.

My trip was postponed due to COVID 19. Now my trip is up again for July 2021 (15-22) with wife and daughter.

I will be using Swiss Travel Pass from first day and want to do following

1. Jungfrau peak excursion

2. Grindelwald for FIRST AIRMAN, FIRST GLIDER and Thrill Walk

3. Lake Thun with St. Beatus Caves

4. Golden Pass Train (full journey is 5.5 hrs from lucern, when I get off on other end then do I have to take the train back to lucern or this 5.5 hrs include round trip?)

5. CabriO cable car

6.Gelmerbahn Roller Coaster

7. Stoos Funicular

How many nights you guys suggest in Lauterbrunnen and how many nights in Lucern. I have 7 nights total.

Thanks and regards,

Sohail

Ildiko
Ildiko
1028 posts
top member &
Oct 8, 2020 - 12:33 PM in reply to Sohailghori

Hi Sohail and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Thank you for your question and I am glad you've found the MySwissAlps forum useful. Thanks for the feedback! :)

You can visit Stanserhorn (CabriO cable car) and Stoos Funicular from Lucerne. Gelmerbahn is between Lucerne and Lauterbrunnen, so you can choose from where you want to visit it.

The 5 hours of travel time is just one way between Montreux and Lucerne. You can make a day trip like from Interlaken travel to Montreux via the Golden Pass, spend some time in Montreux (www.myswissalps.com/montreux/activities), then travel back to Lauterbrunnen via Interlaken by any train. It takes 2h 43 min for the fastest route. On the day when you are leaving Lauterbrunnen and going to Lucerne, you will travel on the other leg of the Golden Pass route anyway (from Interlaken to Lucerne). Read more about the Golden Pass route at www.myswissalps.com/goldenpass/gettingthere. You can check the traveling times at www.myswissalps.com/timetable.

I would say that 4 nights in Lauterbrunnen and 3 nights in Lucerne would be good for you.

Ildiko

Also check these:

Last modified on Oct 8, 2020 - 12:34 PM by Ildiko
Sohailghori
Sohailghori
7 posts
Oct 8, 2020 - 1:08 PM in reply to Ildiko

Thanks a lot.

You solve the big mistry, now I will spend 4 nights in lauterbrunnen and take golden pass on the way to Lucerne.

That's how expert give the best advice

If I have more questions will contact you again.

Sohail

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020