Jungfrau travel pass and Swiss travel pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2017 at 23:59:24 #812150

If Have a Swiss Pass (flex option to use it within the 30 days) and then purchase the Jungfrau 5 day travel Pass discounted because Of the Swiss pass; do I end up using a day on my Swiss Pass to qualify my Jungfrau pass or do I get a discount just because I am a card holder of the Swiss Pass?

Thanks, Sandy

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2017 at 2:26:05 #864626

Hi Sandy, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

A similar question was asked a few days ago. Please read the thread below, and if any questions remain, feel free to ask.

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/buying-jungfrau-travel-pass-with-travel-pass-flex

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2017 at 4:19:26 #864627

OK, thanks. We are going to be in Switzerland for 20 days (5 in the Jungfrau region), so I guess I am best off paying full fare for the Jungfrau Pass and then I can still have my 15 days on my Swiss Travel Pass for the remaining days. I am assuming if I were to purchase the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland discounted with the Swiss Travel pass that would use days just like the Jungfrau Pass?

Thanks, Sandy

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2017 at 6:53:36 #864628

>> We are going to be in Switzerland for 20 days (5 in the Jungfrau region), so I guess I am best off paying full fare for the Jungfrau Pass and then I can still have my 15 days on my Swiss Travel Pass for the remaining days.

I would think so, but I haven’t done the sums. (You mean the Swiss Travel Pass Flex, for non-consecutive days, I assume.)

There could be other combinations of passes that work for your trip as a whole, so you might want to work through this information to be sure about what would be best value for your total itinerary:

http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass

>> I am assuming if I were to purchase the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland discounted with the Swiss Travel pass that would use days just like the Jungfrau Pass?

Yes.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2017 at 11:50:40 #864629

Thank you for your help!!!

• The thread ‘Jungfrau travel pass and Swiss travel pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.