Jungfrau Travel Pass + Swiss Half Fare Card ok?

• Mhammond48
    Participant
    2 posts
    3 May 2023 at 15:09:32 #829756

Planning on going to Switzerland in early September. Was last there in 2001, so I’m sure lots has changed. Will be flying to Zurich, then a train to Interlaken, where I will spend a week. Plan to purchase the Jungfrau Travel Pass, since I will just be staying in that area. Should I purchase the half fare card? I believe there is a discount on the Jungfrau Travel Pass when I have the half fare card. Is that correct? Otherwise, I just need to buy a roundtrip Zurich airport to Interlaken, so not sure the half fare card is worth it. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Yolanda
    2373 posts
    3 May 2023 at 16:17:21 #954058

Hello Mhammond48,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

That’s terrific you are visiting again after all this time.

Thanks for sharing your plans. If your intention is to stay in the Jungfrau area, I don’t think you will need the Swiss Half Fare Card necessarily but if you did purchase one, correct – the Jungfrau Travel Pass would be discounted (by 25%).

You can read all about the Jungfrau Travel Pass and Swiss Half Fare Card here:

The cost of the Swiss Half Fare Card is 120 CHF, so if you did the maths, I am not sure it would be that economical?

Kind regards,

Yolanda

• The thread ‘Jungfrau Travel Pass + Swiss Half Fare Card ok?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.