Jungfraujoch webcams worth a visit at this time

• Hudspith
    Participant
    71 posts
    12 April 2020 at 17:27:01 #825501

At the moment many of us who visit or get email updates from MySwissAlps.com are missing our Switzerland “fix”- I love to look at the Jungfraujoch webcams every day to remind myself of a past visit and the absolute beauty of the area. We may not be able to visit in person but we can still look and wonder via webcam. Give it a try – it really is worth it at this time of uncertainty and we can all dream of being there,

http://www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/live/webcams/#webcam-grindelwald-first

Move up and down the page for some great views.

Enjoy until we can visit again 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    14 April 2020 at 10:32:39 #932061

Hi Hudspith! Beautiful images, thanks for sharing the webcam link. If we can’t be in Switzerland, this is the next best thing, right?

AlanPrice
    Participant
    279 posts
    14 April 2020 at 21:41:55 #932062

Hi,

My absolute fave is the webcam on the Hotel Belvedere. It rotates and captures the the 360 deg. panorama, the town, the mountains, everything! It also has the weather and other info. Check it out.

http://www.belvedere-grindelwald.ch/en/webcam-grindelwald/

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    15 April 2020 at 0:12:22 #932063

Nice

Chez60
    Participant
    16 posts
    15 April 2020 at 15:55:15 #932064

Thank you for these links. We maybe can’t be there in person this year but these are a fabulous reminder of some very happy stays in the area. Roll on 2021

Hudspith
    Participant
    71 posts
    23 April 2020 at 12:05:41 #932065

I have noticed when having a look at the webcams that quite often one of the trains that are used in normal times to take tourists to the Top of Europe appear in the photos of Bahnhof Kleine Scheidegg. Perhaps our moderators may know if these are being run to keep the rails and tunnels in good condition for when we have the chance to return to Switzerland. Are they being used along with other equipment for general maintenance. I am just interested how the Jungfrau is being looked after whilst under “Lockdown” – it must be a challenge.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    23 April 2020 at 12:46:36 #932066

<<” I am just interested how the Jungfrau is being looked after whilst under “Lockdown” – it must be a challenge.”>>

It’s an interesting question.

Personally, I’d guess that it is easier without all the tourists in the way. 😉

Slowpoke

Anna
    6355 posts
    24 April 2020 at 5:51:59 #932067

Hi Hudspith,

It’s not a complete lockdown here in Switzerland. Grocery stores and pharmacists are open and essential workers still need to go to work so the public transport still runs, but at a reduced timetable. I’m guessing the Jungraujoch is closed to tourists for now but the Jungfraubahn still operates services to Kleine Scheidegg for maintenance work purposes.

Stay safe and regards,

Anna

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    24 April 2020 at 9:28:15 #932068

Hi Anna –

<<“I’m guessing the Jungraujoch is closed to tourists for now but the

Jungfraubahn still operates services to Kleine Scheidegg for maintenance

work purposes.”>>

My fading memory tells me that the livery of the trains that go up to Jungfraujoch from Kleine Scheidegg is different from that of the trains that run to Kleine Scheidegg from Lauterbrunnen or from Grindelwald. I’m a bit unclear which trains you are referring to, but I suspect that Hudspith is referring to the former ones ( KS<>JFJ). Do you know if they still run both ( actually – all three) lines?

Slowpoke.

Anna
    6355 posts
    24 April 2020 at 16:08:36 #932069

Hi Slowpoke,

Thanks for your question. I’m pretty sure trains still run between Wengen and Lauterbrunnen, just maybe not as regular as before. I’m guessing the trains go as far as Kleine Scheidegg but not to Jungfraujoch. So you are probably right. It’s the Wengernalpbahn, not the Jungfraubahn 🙂

Regards,

Anna

Hudspith
    Participant
    71 posts
    4 May 2020 at 15:16:42 #932070

It was a beautiful sparkling day today 04/05/20 when I checked the website and on the Top of Europe webcam I could see one person working in the area just below the blue sign. The main doors we are all so used to walking out of were nearly completely blocked by snow. It will be really interesting when the “Top” prepares for re-opening seeing the work being done to set everything up safely for visitors again.

Hudspith
    Participant
    71 posts
    7 May 2020 at 22:25:48 #932071

On my visit to the webcams today it was great to see the Top of Europe being worked upon to get it ready for when visitors are allowed to return. It must be a very interesting job up there with no one else there, the beautiful view and the silence at times. Let us hope it isn’t long before we can all return.

Please pardon the photos as they were taken from my laptop screen (couldn’t get screenshot to work – 1 taken this morning and one this afternoon.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    7 May 2020 at 22:42:53 #932072

Hi Hudspith –

Thanks for the photos. They came out very well.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Jungfraujoch webcams worth a visit at this time’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.