Junior Travel Card – Travel to Jungfrauch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 August 2015 at 2:47:35 #807797

Hello,

My family is travelling from Milan to visit Jungfrauch. We have 3 members. My child is 8.

The parents will purchase ticket from Interlaken ost. to jungfrauch from our country (Thailand).

I have read that the Junior travelcard allows children from 6 to 15 years old to travel along for free.

I understand that my child can enjoy this benefit also.

Question 1 – is my understanding correct?

but this cannot be purchase from our agent. and would like to ask

Question 2 – Is this Junior Travel Card can be purchased from the train station at the Interlaken West or Interlaken Ost.?

Thank you for your answer.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    21 August 2015 at 13:43:14 #845573

Welcome to MySwissAlps, FamilyTrip!

The Junior Travelcard indeed allows your 8 year old to travel with you for free. Purchase options can be found at http://www.myswissalps.com/ju niortravelcard/price. The card will be for sale at the railway stations of Interlaken.

Please note that it might be cheaper to use a rail pass, rather than buying full-fare tickets for the parents. Will you be doing any more traveling than just a return trip Interlaken-Jungfraujoch (not Jungfrauch ;-))? For example, what will your inbound and outbound trip look like? Do you plan to reach Interlaken by car or by train? If more traveling than just the Jungfraujoch trip is involved, you may profit from the Swiss Half Fare Card (/www.myswissalps.com/s wisshalffarecard) or another pass. Here’s how to find out if a pass is more economical: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass. If that’s the case, you may not need Junior Travelcards either, as these Swiss rail passes allow you to order a free Swiss Family Card that provides free traveling to children under 16.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 September 2015 at 3:15:13 #845574

We will travel from Milan to Spiez and Spiez to Interlaken Ost. by train. We will spend only 2 days in Interlaken Ost. only for going to Jungfraujoch and then take the train to Paris. I and my husband will purchase tickets for Jungfraujuch. In this case, I can purchase a Junior Travel Card for my child and take her to Jungfraujuch together?

Annika
    7116 posts
    14 September 2015 at 13:51:40 #845575

Hi FamilyTrip,

For this itinerary, it will be cheaper to purchase Swiss Half Fare Cards for the adult. Even though it doesn’t seem to be much traveling, the Swiss Half Fare Card will save you money: depending on the exact routes you take, the Swiss Half Fare Card is about CHF 40.00 cheaper (per adult) than buying regular tickets.

As explained, you don’t need a Junior Travel Card in that case either, as you can order along the free Swiss Family Card that allows your daughter to travel along for free on all trips in Switzerland, including the trip up to the Jungfraujoch.

Purchase options are listed here. Since you’re from Thailand, the cheapest option is to buy through http://www.raileurope-world.com.

• The thread ‘Junior Travel Card – Travel to Jungfrauch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.