Kids and the Swiss Family Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2018 at 15:56:48 #815722

We are traveling to Zurich for a week. We will be arriving and returning by train from London through Paris. We are a family of 10 – two parents, 7 kids ages 7-14 and one 17 year old daughter. With the Swiss family card for the adults, would all children travel free? Or is it a certain number of kids per paying adult?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2018 at 19:51:07 #884154

Hi Mahoney111 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

2 adults and 8 kids eh? 🙂 Have fun!

I believe the Swiss Family Card has room for 5 or 6 children (must write their names in). So you’ll need a second card I believe. If you are ordering online I don’t think you can order 2 – so just drop into the rail station in Zurich and ask for a 2nd one. The 17 year old doesn’t qualify to travel on the Swiss Family Card. Also the kids all need to be yours to be valid as well – they can’t be nieces or grandchildren etc.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    4 May 2018 at 20:07:37 #884155

Are you adults going to be using Swiss Travel Passes or Swiss Half Fare Cards to get the Swiss Family Cards? Your 17-year old can get a Youth STP which is a bit cheaper than the full adult price.

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 May 2018 at 6:51:02 #884156

While ordering the Swiss Travel Passes for the adults and the 17 year old, just fill out all children and they will send you sufficient Swiss Family Cards. Please find your options here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price.

Enjoy the trip!

• The thread ‘Kids and the Swiss Family Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.