Regional Pass Lake Geneva – Alps validity?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 November 2017 at 14:30:29 #813651

We are coming to the Lake Geneva area in Dec from the 13th to the 17th. We have one night in Geneva and the remainder in Montreux and will then be catching the train to Chamonix. We are going to purchase the Lake Geneva train pass that offers 2 free days and the others at 50%. Can anyone tell me what is the last station we can use the Lake geneva pass on, on the way to Chamonix? I see a full price ticket is 49chf – I’m trying to see what it is with the pass but I can’t work it out online. I’m trying to work out what days to use as our free days.

So far our train travel will involve

– Geneva to Montreux – 31chf each,15.50 half price

– Montreux to Rochers de Naye – 35chf if using a half price day, free if using it as a free day

– Montreux to Gruyers and Broc – around 53chf full fare i think, so roughly 26chf half price

– Montreux to Lavery Les Bains – around 13CHF I think?

– Montreux to Chamonix Mont-Blanc – ??

Other travel around Montreux will be covered with the public transport card we will get from the hotel.

Thanks for any info

Melissa

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 November 2017 at 17:48:14 #871792

Hi Melissa and welcome to MySwissAlps!

We have an information page all about the Regional Pass Lake Geneva -Alps here.
    Our page on its validity should answer all your questions – along with a handy PDF map.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 November 2017 at 18:12:27 #871793

Thanks. After a lot of googling and studying the train timetable with all the stops and the map, it looks like the last stop for the Lake Geneva pass traveling Montreux to Chamonix is St Maurice.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 November 2017 at 8:12:47 #871794

Yes, that would be the last stop covered on that rail pass on your way to Chamonix.

It might be easiest to use the PDF map (validity link) I linked above for reference on the coverage area.

For pricing details use the Swiss railways timetable. The first price you see is a 50% discount which is what you will get on some routes with the regional Pass – Lake Geneva. You’ll just pay a normal full fare between St. Maurice to Chamonix.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 November 2017 at 19:53:47 #871795

Should we be booking this in advance, or is on the day ok?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 November 2017 at 10:21:44 #871796

You can buy this rail pass on the day of without issue (rail passes can’t sell out).
    You can order online and have it mailed to you as well (that way if you land in Geneva for example you can start using the pass right away without having to go to the rail office at the airport).

For a list of where to buy click here.

• The thread ‘Regional Pass Lake Geneva – Alps validity?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.