Lake Lucerne cruise & Swiss Travel Pass

Lake Lucerne cruise & Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
cspratik
cspratik
34 posts
Apr 1, 2018 - 5:44 AM

Hi,

I was looking at website of lake lucerne. I saw so many special cruises on that. Would like to know does all these cover in STP?

Suppose if I take a boat from Lucerne to any place, does that also have facility of food? Can I bring my food with me while travelling on boat?

Please login to see the attached documents
rockoyster
rockoyster
3914 posts
expert
Apr 1, 2018 - 6:15 AM in reply to cspratik

You can take any ferry on Lake Lucerne free with a Swiss Travel Pass. Some of the boats have a dining room on the upper deck which requires an upgrade to 1st Class to access.

You can take your own food with you on a boat or train in Switzerland.

You will find the timetable for regular ferries on the lake to download at www.lakelucerne.ch/en/ timetable-fares/timetable/. The timetable shows what facilities (bar, snacks, dining room etc) are on each boat. The boats marked with the icon per attached are traditional paddle steamers. Very nice to ride.

Those specially themed cruises you have in your screenshot to are most probably not covered by the STP. I'm not sure on that one but I'd stick to regular ferries. Much more flexible. Hop on and off wherever you like and much better value.

Please login to see the attached documents
cspratik
cspratik
34 posts
Apr 1, 2018 - 6:37 AM in reply to rockoyster

Thanks.

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 1, 2018 - 1:10 PM in reply to cspratik

>> Would like to know does all these cover in STP?

Most culinary cruises require a special ticket. For some (not all) a discount is offered for passengers with a Half Fare card or GA. With a Swiss Travel Pass, you would probably get the same discount as for the GA, which would be on the travel component, not on the food - but you would need to check. Please note, these are mostly special occasion cruises, different from the normal cruises on the lake.

There is more information here that might interest you. Details for each cruise include prices and any applicable discounts:

tinyurl.com/yat9cgwn

Alpenrose

Last modified on Apr 1, 2018 - 5:12 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018