About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Lucerne and Pontresina trip report & a big thanks
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Lucerne and Pontresina trip report & a big thanks

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
jimmyd
jimmyd
55 posts
Jan 22, 2020 - 5:06 AM

I would like to say a big thank you to Rockoyster and a few other members here who helped me plan my trip

I travelled to Europe in August last year which included 2 weeks in switzerland, staying in Lucerne and Pontresina. We took many trains, saw many sites, but unfortunately we had lots of rain and cloudy weather so didn't get up a few mountains.

The places honestly took my breath away, pictures do not do it justice. The different shades of blue and greens we saw were outstanding. In a nutshell:

Arrived from Paris via Train

Stayed in Lucerne for 5 days and saw Mt Rigi, unfortunately couldn't do Mt Titlis

Day long train ride to Pontresina via Andermatt, stayed in Pontresina for 5 days

Bernina express route to Tirano.

Here are some photos

photos.app.goo.gl/eyu6eUZWSGVWxtR1A

Rail Europe
Ildiko
Ildiko
1010 posts
top member &
Jan 22, 2020 - 6:20 AM in reply to jimmyd

Hi Jimmyd,

thank you for your report and the photos it was great to see them. I quite enjoyed your short videos too.

Indeed, you had many clouds, I saw on the pictures. I remember my first time walking in the clouds, I really enjoyed it but it is enough once, then we all wish for the views, right?

Thanks,

Ildiko

rockoyster
rockoyster
8888 posts
expert
Jan 29, 2020 - 4:50 AM in reply to jimmyd

Hey JimmyD,

Too bad the weather wasn’t great. Hope you enjoyed your trip anyway. Thanks for sharing the great photos.

In case anyone is wondering, that space-age catamaran boat you went past in your video is the Bürgenstock Shuttle. It’s on my bucket list. 😎

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020