Lucerne hotel options?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
rshah1
rshah1
65 posts
Feb 7, 2017 - 4:12 AM

I am visiting Mt.Pilatus on 6/1. Where is the best place to stay in Lucerne night before. I will stay 2 nights in Lucerne. Please suggest 2nd day trip. Mt Rigis?

What is the best way to go to Jangfrau. I can come from Zermatt ?

Rekha

Lucas
Lucas
10385 posts
expert &
Feb 7, 2017 - 9:30 AM in reply to rshah1

Hi Rekha,

We have a list of hotel options for you to look at here. All note where they are located in the town of Luzern (local German spelling).

Mt. Pilatus is a popular option and so is Mt. Rigi and Titlis....the choice is down to you (and the weather that day perhaps!). Take a look at our information pages I linked for more information.

I think you are talking about Jungfraujoch? You can get there from any town in Switzerland...the closest main town is Interlaken and another nice but smaller town a little closer would be Lauterbrunnen.

Cheers,
Lucas

rshah1
rshah1
65 posts
Feb 7, 2017 - 2:33 PM

visit Jungfrau. I am going from Zurich to Lucerne to zermatt via st moritz. what is best route to visit Jungfrau? should I go to Intelaken from Lucerne and then continue to Zermatt or come from Zermatt. I also plan to visit Montreaux , lk Geneva.

Thx

RIKA

rshah1
rshah1
65 posts
Feb 8, 2017 - 12:16 AM

I want to know what is closest place to Interlaken. should I go from Lucerne or zermatt or Montreaux as I will be visiting all these areas

Thx

Rika

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
5527 posts
expert
Feb 8, 2017 - 2:45 AM in reply to rshah1

Hi Rika-

Here are two links that will answer all of those questions about location and travel routing:

www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

and,

map.search.ch/index.en .html

Zoom in and you can see the train lines.

Slowpoke

Lucas
Lucas
10385 posts
expert &
Feb 8, 2017 - 10:15 AM in reply to rshah1

Hi Rika,

Use Slowpoke's links on the timetable and google maps to help you decide. Luzern is closer to Interlaken than Zermatt with better connections so I would go from there.

Lucas

Last modified on Feb 8, 2017 - 10:15 AM by Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019