Luggage storage at Lauterbrunnen station

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 October 2019 at 18:30:51 #824103

Hello, we are planning to arrive in Lauterbrunnen Nov. 28th at approximately 12:00 noon but cannot check into our accommodations until 4:00 pm. We would like to leave our luggage at the Lauterbrunnen station and travel to one of the mountain communities (perhaps Grindelwald) during the day and return to Lauterbrunnen to pick up our luggage and check into our accommodations. I understand the lockers are limited in size and number at the Lauterbrunnen station. I’ve read a little about luggage storage at the station besides the lockers. Does anyone actually know the station and know how that option works? It seems like we would need to be back at the station by 7 pm to get our luggage perhaps. I just want to make sure we can leave our luggage somewhere so we are not wasting the day since we only have 2 days to explore that area before heading to Zermatt.

Additionally, we are looking to book an airbnb instead of hotel since we can’t seem to find many options in the area at that time. If we were staying at a hotel, our luggage wouldn’t be an issue as we could leave our luggage with the hotel. Should we consider a different city to stay in? We were hoping for a smaller community than Interlaken, but realize it isn’t too far from Lauterbrunnen. Thank you for any advice and knowledge you can share.

Thank you, Gregg

• The thread ‘Luggage storage at Lauterbrunnen station’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.