Luzern to Titlis trip- can schedule be maintained?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 September 2017 at 12:34:24 #813199

Hello,

We are planning to do Mt. Titlis trip on coming weekend. We are eager to know whether our plan is okay or not.

We will start from Luzern at 12.10 pm, and according to SBB timetable we will reach to Kleintitlis at 13.27 pm. The journey includes: train ride from Luzern to Engelberg (43 min) >> walking to Engelberg Talstation Titlis (13 min) >> Gondola ride to Stand (15 min) >> Rotair ride to Kleintitlis (4 min). So, the total ride will take 1 hr 17 min only.

We will spent more than 2 and half hours on the top.

Then, we will start our return trip approx 16.15 pm, and will reach to Engelberg train station at around 16.50 pm. Our main target is to take the train from Engelberg to Luzern at 17.01 pm.

So, is the plan okay? specially can we maintain the above time-table? Will it take more time than 1 hr 27 min for the Luzern-Klientitlis trip? Would there be any kinds of unexpected delay during gondola or Rotair ride? mainly due to rush from tourists or long queue? Should I consider more time required to reach the klientitlis? Please give your kind opinion regarding this matter.

Finally, Please let me know what is the last time that I can start my return trip from Kleintitlis?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    6 September 2017 at 15:01:15 #869518

Hi kazisaidur,

Over all your plans looks fine to me. Just keep in mind that a mountain top visit is weather dependent, so it’s wise to visit at that time of the day for which weather forecasts are best. That may well be the (early) morning instead of the afternoon, so it helps if you’re flexible. If you’re not, this travel scheme will work fine though. I’d say 2,5 hours at the top are enough and I don’t expect major delays due to tourist masses, as the peak of tourist season is in July and August. It’s hard to predict though and if you feel uncomfortable, just take an earlier train to Engelberg. The last cable car down leaves at 5pm. You can consult the Titlis timetable using the link under “More on other websites” at myswissalps.com/titlis /gettingthere.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 September 2017 at 15:22:52 #869519

Thank you so much, Annika! Its a very encouraging remarks and well-appreciated advice from you.

and yes, I will try to adjust the time according to your nice suggestions! Thanks once again

• The thread ‘Luzern to Titlis trip- can schedule be maintained?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.