Maximum utilization of 3 day Swiss Travel Pass !!

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2015 at 6:06:47 #807458

Hi Guys,

I written before as well, but somehow not able to locate my previous query. However, below is my fresh plan and require some assistance in it. For your information, I am travelling with my Parents (Mother 55 and Father 64) – So also let me know if there are any senior citizen discount. I will be buying 3 day Swiss Travel pass -(3days from 22nd sep to 24th Sep)

21st Sep – I reach Basel from Paris. Today I will explore Basel. Stay in Basel

22nd Sep (day 1 swiss travel pass) – Visit Interlaken and Jungfrau. As per the details in the site, we would get 25% off on ticket to top of Jungfrau. However, I am still not clear how much exactly we will pay per person if we have a swiss travel pass.

It says due to swiss pass our trip from Basel ->Interlaken->Wengen and/or Grindelwald is free. Post that we have to buy tickets – can you give me exact amount how much a return ticket would cost us (do u have any senior citizen discount? 25% off is also valid on afternoon/morning ticket ?).

Also, what else in Interlaken can we do for free due to swiss pass?

Come back to Basel via train (free due to swiss pass)

23rd – (swiss travel pass day 2) Basel to Lucern – should be free (kindly confirm). Explore Lucern. Let us know if there is any cruise trip which is free under swiss pass for us. Overnight in Lucern

24th – (Swiss travel pass day 3) Mt. Titlis !!

Lucern to Engelberg (free due to swiss pass)

From Engelberg -Trübsee-Stand-Titlis and back downhere we get 50% of due to swiss pass. The price for adult shows 89CHF (http://www.titlis.ch/en/ticke ts/cable-car-ride) wanted to check – after 50% it will 44.5 CHF (which includes everything). or there are any additional charges.

25th – Lucern to Munich

Sorry for so many question but since i am not a tight budget, i want to know all possible expenses so i plan my trip accordingly. We are not fond of museums.Thus, let us know about all boat rides and cruises that we can do absolutely free in the places I mentioned or near by places.

Thanks in advance

Gunjan

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    26 June 2015 at 10:33:25 #843999

Hello Gunjan,

Here‘s your previous topic.

An extensive overview of what’s covered by the Swiss Travel Pass can be found at the validity page. You can either take a look at the downloadable map or watch the list of top attractions that are covered (either for free or discounted). As for your specific questions:

• there are no senior discounts, either for the Swiss Travel Pass or for other trips in Switzerland. Swiss Travel Pass prices are listed at the price page;
    • prices for the Jungfraujoch trip are mentioned here. The trip is for free up to Wengen/Grindelwald, so look at the return fares from either Wengen or Grindelwald and apply the 25% discount to this. The Swiss Travel Pass discount applies to regular tickets, not to the cheaper Good Morning or Good Afternoon tickets;
    • the 50% reduced fare for the Titlis is correct.
  • The thread ‘Maximum utilization of 3 day Swiss Travel Pass !!’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.