Milan to Zurich via Jungfrau region in 2 days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 February 2016 at 12:51:37 #808412

At the end of my Italy trip I added 2 nights in Switerland. I just have 1 day of sightseeing. My husband and I are travelling

Sunday July 31st travel Milan – somewher in Switzerland (overnight stay)

August 1st – sightseing , Jungfrau region perhaps – back to Zurich and overnight stay in Zurich

August 2nd 1:30 PM flight from Zurich – US

I have following questions.

1) July 31st – where should I travel to in Switzerland, so I can start mynext day early at Jungfrau

2) Is it possible to see Jungfrau and go to Zurich in the night in a day

3) What could be a plan B if Jungfrau is not suited due to weather.

If the above is not possible : I could consider : a scenic train ride (glacier or bernia) , or zermitt.

Please advice. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    13 February 2016 at 9:19:18 #848404

Hi eurotravel6, thanks for joining us!

Interlaken or a nearby town is the obvious base for an early visit to the Jungfraujoch. You will be able to make the Jungfraujoch trip and even do some more local sightseeing before heading for Zurich. Tips are at our Jungfrau region page. The timetable will help you to plan the details of your trip.

Do mind that August 1 is Switzerland’s national holiday. Attractions will be accessible, but may be more crowded than usual as the Swiss themselves have the day off as well.

In case of bad weather, you may be interested in the Ballenberg museum near Brienz/Meiringen, the Aare Gorge and Reichenbach Falls near Meiringen, the Golden Pass leg towards Lucerne, the Museum of Transport in Lucerne or a boat ride over Lake Thun, Lake Brienz or Lake Lucerne. Sightseeing in Zurich is an option too.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 February 2016 at 23:34:08 #848405

Thanks so much for your response. I will stay in Interlaken Ost and then head to Jungrauch the next day.

One other question :

1) Is the trip from Milan to Interlaken Ost a scenic trip? If I travel after 6:00 PM would I be missing out on sceneries?

Thanks so much again

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 February 2016 at 6:05:11 #848406

Hi eurotravel6,

Milan to Interlaken Ost is really nice if you get off the train from Milan in Brig and take the local train to Spiez via Kandersteg. If you take the fast train it will cross a very long tunnel instead.

Arno

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 February 2016 at 3:30:08 #848407

Great thanks.

• The thread ‘Milan to Zurich via Jungfrau region in 2 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.