About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Mountains in Switzerland in April
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Mountains in Switzerland in April

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Blainekarlen
Blainekarlen
3 posts
Jan 4, 2023 - 12:47 PM

Hello. I am planning a trip to Switzerland for 10 days in April and curious about what would be closed in the mountain areas. Primarily looking for day hikes and no skiing. Are all the scenery spots opened for tourists to take in the gorgeous Mountain View’s? I plan to fly into Zürich and stay in Interlaken or Lucerne ? Does this sound like a good plan? Thanks

1960man
1960man
4645 posts
expert
Jan 5, 2023 - 12:14 AM in reply to Blainekarlen

I have often visited Switzerland in April, and done lots of walking as my wife is a non skier. Whilst a few 'uphill transport' routes may be closed for maintenance there will be plenty of places to go and railway etc lines open. Don't forget that you can see great mountain views from the valleys - even from main line trains. You don't always need to use expensive 'tourist' cable cars etc

Anna
Anna
4122 posts
expert &
Jan 6, 2023 - 4:14 PM in reply to Blainekarlen

Hi Blainekarlen,

It's true, some mountain transportation will be closed for maintenance in April but plenty of others will remain open too. If you're staying in Lucerne, you can access various hiking trails on Rigi, Pilatus and Titlis. In Interlaken, you can find local trails in Lauterbrunnen, Wengen and Mürren. You can also hike along the lakes (Lake Thun and Lake Brienz).

You can find more information about hiking here: www.myswissalps.com/hiking

Regards,

Anna

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Who's MySwissAlps.com?
We're passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about planning a trip to Switzerland since 2002.
More about usNewsletter signup

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2023