Mountains in Switzerland in April

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 January 2023 at 12:47:34 #828832

Hello. I am planning a trip to Switzerland for 10 days in April and curious about what would be closed in the mountain areas. Primarily looking for day hikes and no skiing. Are all the scenery spots opened for tourists to take in the gorgeous Mountain View’s? I plan to fly into Zürich and stay in Interlaken or Lucerne ? Does this sound like a good plan? Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 January 2023 at 0:14:28 #949344

I have often visited Switzerland in April, and done lots of walking as my wife is a non skier. Whilst a few ‘uphill transport’ routes may be closed for maintenance there will be plenty of places to go and railway etc lines open. Don’t forget that you can see great mountain views from the valleys – even from main line trains. You don’t always need to use expensive ‘tourist’ cable cars etc

Anna
    6279 posts
    6 January 2023 at 16:14:02 #949345

Hi Blainekarlen,

It’s true, some mountain transportation will be closed for maintenance in April but plenty of others will remain open too. If you’re staying in Lucerne, you can access various hiking trails on Rigi, Pilatus and Titlis. In Interlaken, you can find local trails in Lauterbrunnen, Wengen and Mürren. You can also hike along the lakes (Lake Thun and Lake Brienz).

You can find more information about hiking here: http://www.myswissalps.com/hiking

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Mountains in Switzerland in April’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.