Murren Wengen Area 3 days- Best Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2013 at 9:59:17 #806038

my family of 5 (2 adts/ 3 teens age 17.15.13) will be staying in Murren for 3 days in June.We are traveling by car from Spain and will be parking our car in Lauterbrunnen during our Murren stay.

We would like to visit the Schilthorn, First lift flyers, Wengen and Lauterbrunnen areas during our 3 days in Murren.

I am so confused on what pass to purchase or if we should just get individual passes per trip. When i add up all the one way trips we’d like to take it totals around $220US per adult. And I can’t figure out the kids’ tickets as some seem to be free or others require a Jr. card. Ugh….can anyone offer advise?

thx,
    karen

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    3 June 2013 at 12:58:39 #838819

Hi Karen,

I have 3 options for you:

1. Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland, to get free traveling almost anywhere in the entire region. You don’t need a pass for the 13 and 15 years old children if you order along a Junior travelcard for each of them (CHF 30 each).
    2. Swiss Half Fare Card, if you don’t mind buying tickets for each trip. You get 50% discounts on tickets. Children under 16 travel along for free with the free Family Card.
    3. Jungfrau VIP Pass, for free traveling in the immediate area. For the children it works the same way as option 1.

The timetable shows the reduced price (for Half Fare Pass holders) by default, so take that into account if you compare passes to regular tickets. Which one to take depends on what you prefer in terms of comfort & flexibility, and price.

Does this help?

• The thread ‘Murren Wengen Area 3 days- Best Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.