Need a Plan foro Swiss Trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2012 at 13:58:29 #805205

Hi,

I am living in Heidelberg, Germany. Planing trip to swiss on June 7 to 10th ‘ 2012. (4 Days)
    from germany i am coming by train….

Plan to Visit below places…

Mount Titlis
    Jungfraujoch
    Truemmelbach falls
    Lauterbrunnen
    Grindelwald
    Luzerne
    Breinz
    Thun

Please give me idea…. where i can stay & how to go these places(from starting)… which train ticket, bus… like…
    it’s will helpful for me to visit wihtout any issues.

Thanks
    Bushan,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    3 May 2012 at 10:35:33 #835905

Hello Bushan, and welcome! You should be able to combine this all in 4 days. Try to combine Lucerne and Titlis on one day. Jungfraujoch, Lauterbrunnen, Trümmelbach falls and Grindelwald can also be done in one (full) day. The Swiss timetable will help you plan your train and bus trips exactly. Just enter your travel date, departure and destination station and you’ll get an extensive overview of connections including many details. The boat company for lake Thun and lake Brienz may be helpful too, in case you want to visit Brienz and Thun by boat.

A 4 day Swiss Pass (or a Swiss Saver Pass, in case you’re traveling with someone else) would be the best solution, especially if free traveling appeals to you. Please find all details, including purchase options and a downloadable validity map, at the Swiss Pass page.

Centrally located hotels for Interlaken and Lucerne (both good towns for overnight stays in your case) can be found through the links I made.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2012 at 15:16:07 #835906

Hi Annika,
    Thanks for very good Info. I am plan to Visit Swiss May 26th to 29th ‘2012 to use of 2 for 1 discount on Swiss pass. I am visiting Swiss with my wife………
    Can you please confirm, this Swiss pass valid for all mode of Travels? for example if i want to go with boat trip Thun & Brienz…..it’s valid or not? or i have buy a ticket for Boat trip
    http://www.swisstravel system.ch/fileadmin/pd f/STS-GB-M-11-EN-WEB.pdf – Give me some details.. in this map..which are lines free of travel?
    Also, what about “Berner Oberland -Regional Pass”. Hope Most of the places in this region?

I bit confused, which one can buy to visit Swiss…..Please explain……

Thanks in advance
    Bushan

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2012 at 15:28:33 #835907

Also ..one more info…
    In the Swiss pass map……mentioned… “Lines for unlimited travel, with Swiss Flexi pass” – If we buy Swiss Saver pass, hope not required any other pass correct?
    You have mentioned your reply ” if free traveling appeals to you” – I can’t get it.. can you please explain with more details……

Thanks
    Bushan

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 May 2012 at 1:50:08 #835908

Hi Bushan,

The Swiss Pass allows unlimited free traveling on the routes that are marked with a solid line on the map you linked to. You can buy discounted tickets for the routes that are marked with a dashed line. It’s explained in the lower left corner of the map.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2012 at 14:47:47 #835909

Thanks for reply

Swiss pass valid for boat trip Thun & Brienz…..it’s valid or not? or i have buy a ticket for Boat trip
    Also, what about “Berner Oberland -Regional Pass”. Hope Most of the places in this region?

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    5 May 2012 at 3:05:30 #835910

Hello Bushan,

Yes, a Swiss Pass will allow you the boat trips you mentioned for free.
    You can read more about the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland on this page. There’s also an overview of the network on which the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland is valid.

I hope this answers you questions!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2012 at 15:34:48 #835911

Hi,
    Yes. I have ordered the Swiss Pass. 26th May to 29th May 2012
    One question… Currently I am in Heidelberg, Germany.
    On 26th May, i will Buy separete ticket for Heidelberg to Basel.
    For example, Coming by Train ICE5 – Heidelberg to Basel. This ICE 5 train going till Interlanken. From Basel to Interlanken i will use swiss pass.
    Is it ok to travel on same train from Heidelberg to basel and Basel to Interlaken…or I have use only Swiss Trains? I am bit Confused on this… using Swiss pass, i can board into any Europe trains in Swiss correct?

Thanks in advance……

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    6 May 2012 at 3:23:40 #835912

As long as you have valid tickets for Germany and Switzerland (in your case a Swiss Pass for Switzerland) I see no problem, as you can use the Swiss Pass for any kind of public transportation as soon as you enter the country. I’m not sure if reservations for the train you mention are necessary, but I suppose you can find out through the Swiss Time table.

• The thread ‘Need a Plan foro Swiss Trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.