need itinerary advice for 4 nights 5 days…..

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 April 2015 at 21:05:05 #807151

Hello,

We are a family of 2 adult and one kid 3 y old. planning to visit switzerland in june first week ….

we will be coming from london ….following is the plan as of now…

Day 1 : Flight from London to Zurich : check in hotel …Visit rhine falls…boat ride in zurich…

Day 2 : Zurich to Lucern : visit mount titlis (or any other suggestion)…return back to zurich ..night in zurich

Day 3: Zurich to interlaken : Please suggest something to visit on this day??? night in interlaken

Day 4 : Visit mount jungfrau….I suppose this will be full day trip …(please suggest if anything can be included)..night in interlaken

Day 5: return back to zurich for flight back to london(Will u suggest any other airport to board flight for london???)

Please suggest any changes or additions to this…many thanks for your help…….

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2015 at 14:43:20 #842789

someone please help…….

Annika
    7104 posts
    30 April 2015 at 15:42:12 #842790

Hi rooma,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Please be patient; you posted less than 18 hours ago. As you can see in the forum, everyone gets a response here.

Basically your itinerary is fine, assuming that you arrive early on day 1. I do have some suggestions to make it better:

• Go to Lucerne at the end of day 1 and stay there until day 3. Lucerne is smaller, closer to the mountains and (generally speaking) more enjoyable for tourists.
    • Take the Golden Pass line to Interlaken on day 3.
    • You could take the remainder of the Golden Pass line to Montreux on day 5. Take a train to Geneva airport from there.

The links help you find more information such as suggested activities and hotels. Please see here to find a rail pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2015 at 16:00:58 #842791

thanks for replying annika…n sorry for being impatient…wanted to book flight tickets based on ur suggestion….

Few questions …

can we keep luggage at airport…as i wanted to visit rhine falls n it will be far from lucern….

on day 2 can i take round trip to mount pilatus or titlis (even if i stay in zurich)

on day 3 can a round trip between interlaken to montreux be done..if not wat to do ….

day 5 will be busy in returning back so i dont think anything can be included here……

Annika
    7104 posts
    30 April 2015 at 16:55:36 #842792

Hi rooma,

There’s a left luggage office at the airport: zurich-airport.com/passengers-and-visitors/airport-services-en/baggage-service.

Please see the timetable for traveling times. It can all done if you’re willing to spend the time. Doing the two mountains from Zurich takes two extra hours of traveling.

Just for comparison: traveling from Interlaken to Zurich airport takes 2 to 3 hours. Traveling from Interlaken to Geneva airport via the Golden Pass line takes 4 to 5 hours. The options depend on the departure time of your flight. Doing the round trip to Montreux on day 3 takes a lot of time, please check the timetable for that. Single journeys are much more efficient.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2015 at 11:55:51 #842793

Thanks so much anneka for ur reply….

We have booked flight tickets and accomadation : we will be reaching zurich on 3rd june in night …and have booked an apartment in zurich for all 5 days …I know this will add up to travelling time ..but please sugest some tips on saving time…following is plan as of now…

Day 1 : Rhine falls (we will have full day here ..can we cover any other place as well ??)

Day 2 : Lucern (Mount titlis or pilatus which one will u suggest)

Day 3 : Mount jungfrau (round trip is this doable ??)

Day 4 : Golden pass train to montreax …round trip

Day 5 : have flight in evening …explore zurich in morning ??

any suggestions to improve this itinerary ???

Once again thanks so much for ur help….

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2015 at 12:08:31 #842794

Also if you can help me with which travel pass to buy…..I am confused between STP or STP flex ?? also we will have 6 days in switzerland…and there is no pass for 6 days..how does it works???

Annika
    7104 posts
    4 May 2015 at 13:40:03 #842795

Hi rooma,

In that case I recommend a 4-day Swiss Travel Pass. You don’t need a pass when you arrive: a ticket from the airport to the city center is just CHF 6.60. You can use your last day to explore Zurich, either with a ZurichCard or not. So that leaves you with 4 days to use the pass (day 1 to 4). A Swiss Travel Pass Flex is more expensive, I would not choose that one.

Pass prices can be found here. In your case you can order one via http://www.acprail.com/rail-passes/swiss-pass or http://www.swisstravelsystem. co.uk. Both websites are cheaper than buying in Switzerland and offer free shipping.

On day 1 I would include museums or a boat ride on Lake Zurich. It’s free with the pass. Day 3 is very long: 4.5 hours of traveling one-way, so you’re looking at a 12 hour trip or so. Mount Titlis or Pilatus are both worth it. If you decide not to go to Jungfraujoch, then pick Titlis. Otherwise both are great. See the links please to find out which one looks most interesting to you.

• The thread ‘need itinerary advice for 4 nights 5 days…..’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.