New Year in Bern, which attractions are open?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 December 2016 at 7:40:03 #810428

Hi All

I will be staying in Bern from 31 Dec to 3rd Jan 2017. I plan to go to Jungfraujoch on the 2nd Jan, will it be open? Also to visit a chocolate factory, will it be open on any of these days? If all these are not open, what else is open and what can I do?

Thanks much.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    10 December 2016 at 13:52:50 #857346

Hi xiaoen, thanks for joining us!

Yes, the Jungfraujoch is accessible all year round. Our Jungfraujoch page and the timetable will help you plan your trip. Our page on Bern might be helpful too. As for chocolate factories: I don’t know of any in or very close to Bern, but you might consider Villars (in Fribourg), Schuh (in Interlaken) and of course Maison Cailler (in Broc).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 December 2016 at 14:05:08 #857347

Im taking train from Paris on the 31st Dec. If I’m getting Swiss pass, is it included for “Paris to bern”? I plan to go Jungfraujoch on the 1st Jan and Luzern and Maison Cailler on 2nd Jan. We will be staying in Bern throughout but flying off from Zurich on the 3rd Jan. Is it worth it to get the Swiss pass based on the above-mentioned journey or single trip is cheaper? How much is it? Is Jungfraujoch included in the Swiss pass?

Thank you.

Annika
    7116 posts
    12 December 2016 at 14:39:32 #857348

Hi xiaoen,

You’ll be needing a Swiss Travel Pass (the Swiss Pass is a different product for Swiss residents only). All details on its coverage can be found here: myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/validity. As you’ll see, the Swiss leg of Paris-Bern is covered, so you need an additional ticket for the French leg. The Swiss Travel Pass will very probably help you save money. These links will be helfpul too:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 December 2016 at 15:32:40 #857349

I am planning to go on the 1st Jan, what is the best time to go to Jungfraujoch? Im going from Bern. Where can I check if it’s cloudy that day? How much is the flexible ticket? Any refund if I can’t go due to bad weather? How long is the journey from Bern?

Thank you.

Annika
    7116 posts
    13 December 2016 at 13:25:34 #857350

Hi xiaoen,

Our Jungfraujoch page (especially the “Getting there” and “Tickets” sections) and the timetable will help you to find all information you need to plan your trip from Bern. Weather forecasts can best be checked the prior evening and the morning of departure. If you’re unsure about the weather, you’d best buy your ticket at the railway station of Bern or Interlaken right before leaving, upon showing your Swiss Travel Pass.

• The thread ‘New Year in Bern, which attractions are open?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.