Pass for Zurich/Lucerne and 8 days in Grindelwald

• Sgileski
    Participant
    19 posts
    13 November 2022 at 1:09:01 #828631

First, I had the pleasure of skiing in the amazing Grindelwald area (ski club trip) for a week last February and was so taken with the spectacular mountains and valleys there, I’m coming back with my Wife and adult children in early June 2023.

We now have a set itinerary. We will be arriving by plane in Zurich on June 1, training to Lucerne for a 2 day stay. On June 3 we will be training on to Grindelwald, and have an AirBNB near the Grund Station and gondola terminals. We will spend 8 days enjoying Grindelwald-Wengen-Lauterbrunnen and beyond, and will likely take a train adventure or 2 back to Interlaken and maybe along the lakes there. We will hike, ride the lifts to Kleine Scheidigg, First (kite fly, rent bikes, etc.). Murren and up to the Schilthorn, as well as a trip up The Top of Europe. We’re all about your awesome train system, so will be need the most effective train passes. My impression is that we should be buying Bernese Overland regional passes, buying our Zurich to Lucerne and back tickets well in advance to get those advance purchase discounts. Am I missing anything? Is it true that buying a 1/2 price train pass will get us 35% discount on the Bernese Overland pass? When do the latter become available for June 2023. Is there a website that might advertise musical events there in June/

Thanks for your excellent forum!

Gileski

• The thread ‘Pass for Zurich/Lucerne and 8 days in Grindelwald’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.