Passes for most benefit in the Interlaken area

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 January 2016 at 15:59:34 #808326

we are no strangers to the Interlaken area, however we still do not seem to have found the ideal passes for us ??. we are again in Switzerland in june this year for 11 days so looking for the ideal passes for pensionable aged couple who are reasonably active. Are there any concessions for people visiting the bernese oberland for buying passes?? Ideally we would like possibly a 5/6 or 7 day pass that covers rail/boats/cablecars .So over to you guys what would someone suggest please ??

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    25 January 2016 at 17:33:55 #847970

Hi fisherman rob!

Looking at some of your older posts, I think you’re familiar with the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland, right? This pass has been updated recently and now offers excellent coverage throughout the Bernese Oberland. Trains, buses and boats are for free, and even quite some mountain trips like Brienzer Rothorn, First, Männlichen, Kleine Scheidegg, Schynige Platte, Stockhorn and Niesen. It comes in a 4, 6, 8 or 10 day variant. You can study details through the link I provided. This may just be the pass you’re looking for.

If you’ll be focusing on just the Jungrau region, you may look into the Jungfrau Travel Pass.

I hope one of these fits your needs. If not, please let us know.

• The thread ‘Passes for most benefit in the Interlaken area’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.