Getting to Pilatus from Morschach

Getting to Pilatus from Morschach

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
AKapp
AKapp
7 posts
May 24, 2018 - 3:02 PM

I will be staying in Morschach next week, but would like to spend a day in Luzern and possibly explore Mt. Pilatus. What is the best way to travel to Lucerne and Pilatus from Morschach/Swiss Holiday Park?

I also have the Swiss Travel Pass -- it looks like some, but not all, of Pilatus is covered by that. Can someone please clarify what I should expect to pay for and what is free with the pass?

Finally -- the weather forecast is calling for rain/thunderstorms. Will that affect any of the train or boat operations?

Lucas
Lucas
8176 posts
expert &
May 24, 2018 - 3:18 PM in reply to AKapp

Hi Akapp,

You can use the timetable (https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable) to plan the trip from your address to Pilatus. It shows you the most direct routes by default.

The Swiss Travel Pass will cover your trip entirely to Alpnachstand or Kriens (to ways to get to Pilatus - read more here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/pilatus/gettingt here).

Essentially the trip up and down the mountain itself (by cogwheel train from Alpnachstad or cable car from Kriens) is 50% off with your Swiss Travel Pass.

Prices for the trip can be found on the timetable as well (the price you first see is for Swiss Half Fare Card holders so double it for the regular fare that you can then discount 50% for your STP discount).

I suppose a very severe thunderstorm could impact the boat or cable cars....

Last modified on May 25, 2018 - 6:28 AM by Arno
Slowpoke
Slowpoke
4909 posts
expert
May 24, 2018 - 7:22 PM in reply to AKapp

Hi Akapp -

<<"I will be staying in Morschach next week, but would like to spend a day in Luzern and possibly explore Mt. Pilatus. What is the best way to travel to Lucerne and Pilatus from Morschach/Swiss Holiday Park?">>

What does "best" mean? Fastest? Most scenic? Cheapest?

Take the bus to Brunnen. Probably, you'll want the train to Luzern, but the boat from Brunnen may be of interest.

Cable cars are careful in thunderstorms. They do not usually affect the lake boats.

Any weather forecast that far in advance is unreliable.

This site is pretty good...but, even yesterday, on the Rigi, it changed from a day or so.

www.meteocentrale.ch/e n/europe/switzerland/w eather-lucerne/details/N-3515415/#2018-05-25

Slowpoke

AKapp
AKapp
7 posts
May 24, 2018 - 8:05 PM in reply to Slowpoke

Thanks! That's a good question.. I don't know what I mean by "best" :) I have the Swiss Travel Pass so price is not a concern. I think I'd like to experience a boat ride so I will look into that from Brunnen!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018