Mar 17, 2018 - 2:44 AM
in reply to Hansel
Hi Ken, and welcome to MySwissAlps!
>> 1. Are reservations needed to dine at the restaurant at Piz Gloria?
No, but you probably won't get a table with a window seat on the rotating part of the floor if you don't reserve.
>> 2. Are the trails and cable cars likely to be open the end of May?
Higher level trails are very unlikely to be open, but low altitude trails will be e.g. along the floor of the Lauterbrunnen Valley. The local tourist offices will be able to tell you what is open when you are there.
The following mountain transport will be operating in late May 2018:
- Bus Grindelwald to Meiringen over the Grosse Scheidegg (from 19 May)
- Bus and cable car Lauterbrunnen-Stechelberg-Mürren
- Gondola Grindelwald-Männlichen (from 26 May; also on Saturday, Sunday and Monday 19-21 May if weather conditions are nice)
The Trümmelbach Falls will also be open.
The following mountain transport will not be operating in late May 2018:
- Cable car Wengen to Männlichen - reopens 1 June
- Funicular Mürren-Allmendhubel - closed 9 April to 22 June
Last modified on Mar 18, 2018 - 11:09 AM by Arno