Hi, please help me to review my itinerary. Any suggestions is much welcomed.
I will be arriving in Zurich on 18july, plan is to tour around the city. The churches. Overnight in Zurich.
19july: morning: Rhine falls and afternoon: rapperswil. Night: will take the latest train to neuchatel. Overnight in neuchatel.
20-25july: tour around neuchatel, friend will be having conference in neuchatel, so no choice but to spend the week there. Places planning to visit: chaumont, saut du doubs, creux du van, old town and lake itself.
26july: from neuchatel travel to montreux via Lausanne, explore Lausanne old town then head to montreux to admire the beauty of castle chillon. Overnight at montreux
27july: from montreux, to interlaken with golden pass scenic rail. Explore interlaken.
28july: to lauterbrunnen then to schilthorn. Go back to interlaken and overnight there
29july: from interlaken to jungfrau, explore top of Europe. Go back to interlaken again and overnight there.
30jjuly: interlaken to lucern, explore lucern, paraglide at mount rili. Overnight at lucern
31july : ascend up mount titlis, overnight at titlis, enjoy national day fireworks
01aug: titlis glacier park, tubing and other fun activities, then descend back to lucern. Overnight at Lucerne.
02aug: morning train to Zurich, flight from Zurich at 4pm
That's my lengthy itinerary..
1. Any rail pass to recommend ?
2. For places to stay, the cheapest found on the internet are youth hostel, we are about 30, are we welcomed at youth hostel? Any other budget accommodation?
3. Any tweeks to be done to our itinerary? Are the snow mountains the same? Any other places to recommend?
4. 01aug is national day, is it going to be crazy crowded? The plan is to enjoy snow activities that we have not tried before, will it be hazardous for first timer if it is crowded? Do you recommend visiting titlis on other days ?
5. Will be carrying around two 30" luggage with wheels, is it going to be a hassle moving from one place to another? Will hotel normally allow us to leave luggage at concierge? Maybe for 1 or 2 days?
All input is much appreciated. Thanks in advance ! :)