POINT TO POINT TICKET OR SWISS PASS IN SWITZERLAND

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 October 2012 at 5:24:30 #805667

HI I AM DIV FROM INDIA I AM SCHEDULED TO VISIT SWITZERLAND ALONE AS FOLLOWS

PLEASE ADVICE ME AS TO I SHOULD BUY POINT TO POINT TICKETS OR SWISS PASS OR SWISS HALF FARE CARD

MY ITINERARY IS AS FOLLOWS

REACHING LUZERN AT 10.41AM

21-11-2012 MILAN–>LUZERN–>MT.PILATUS–>LUZERN (NIGHT STAY)

22-11-2012 LUZERN–>ENGELBERG–>MT.TITLIS–>ENGELBERG–>(VIA BRIENZ)INTERLAKEN (NIGHT STAY)

23-11-2012 INTERLAKEN–>GRINDELWALD–>JUNGFRAUJOCH–>LAUTERBRUNNEN–>INTERLAKEN (NIGHT STAY)

24-11-2012 INTERLAKEN–>BERN–>ZURICH (NIGHT STAY)

25-11-2012 ZURICH–>SCHAFFHAUSEN–>RHINE FALLS–>ZURICH–>COLOGNE (NIGHT IN TRAIN)

LEAVING ZURICH AT 08.42PM

OPTIONAL RIDE IF TIME PEMITS

21-11-2012 BOAT RIDE FROM HERGISWIL–>LUZERN

24-11-2012 BOAT RIDE FROM INTERLAKEN–>BRIENZ–>INTERLAKEN

PLEASE SUGGEST ANY CHANGES IN ITINERARY IF YOU WISH THANKING YOU

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    16 October 2012 at 6:19:58 #837357

Welcome to the forum Div! When posting further reactions, would you please not write in capitals only, as requested in the forum rules? Thank you :-)!

As for your questions: a Swiss rail pass will be cheaper than regular tickets. I think you should look into a 3 day Swiss Flexi Pass, using free travel days for November 21, 22 and 25. The Swiss leg of your outbound trip before midnight will also be for free. You can buy discounted tickets for your trips on November 23 and 24. Please find all details and purchase options at the Swiss Flexi Pass page.

Your itinerary looks fine to me. Do note that boat rides over lake Brienz aren’t possible in November, as far as I’m aware. Please check the BLS timetable. You can make a boat ride over lake Thun though, which fits even better in your schedule: by boat to Thun, then continue by train to Bern and Zurich. All train trips can be planned with the Swiss timetable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 October 2012 at 7:34:41 #837358

Thank you for your reply

Regarding capital letters i will take care next time

Will it be possible to go to Mt.titlis & jungfraujoch on my planned dates

Thanking you

Annika
    7124 posts
    16 October 2012 at 8:10:40 #837359

Hello Div! Yes, Titlis and Jungfraujoch are accessible on your travel dates. Only in extreme weather circumstances these routes may be shut downs, but that’s exceptional.

sushmita
    Participant
    1 post
    19 October 2012 at 9:55:51 #837360

Hi Arno, I have a question- is there a way to confirm whether swiss pass 2 for 1 will be available at Basel SBB ststion?
    My iternerary would be From Paris to basel on 31 Oct
    Basel to Interlaken

from interlaken-trip to jungfraujoch and titlis
    and back to basel on 2nd Nov
    Return to Denmark on 3 nov morning
    Is swiss pass recommended for this iternerary?

Arno
    15484 posts
    20 October 2012 at 5:17:36 #837361

Hi sushmita, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, it’s available there during opening hours. All purchase options, both online and in Switzerland, can be found on the Swiss Pass page. The pass would indeed be a good choice for your trip.

Please post further questions about the 2-for-1 promotion in the associated topic or create a topic of your own. The current topic is not related to your question.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 October 2012 at 8:57:46 #837362

Hi
    I was in Switzerland from 13th to 17th of October
    Since you are travelling a lot, siwss pass is very cheap and convenient compared to point to point ticket
    Siwss pass should be obtained from your country and cannot buy in Switzerland. You can buy online.It takes few days to reach you. Apply not itself
    If you buy the Swiss saver pass you can travel in all the trains,buses and cable cars.
    I was staying at Interlaken one night. You can go to to the top of the muntain by cable car.
    If you need futher clarfication you can write to my personal e mail address: [email protected]
    All the best of luck

• The thread ‘POINT TO POINT TICKET OR SWISS PASS IN SWITZERLAND’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.