Quick itinerary check 6 days Lucerne in June

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 March 2017 at 10:15:03 #811033

Hello everyone.

Thanks for all the suggestions given for our trip this coming June. Went back to my old thread to post this but the thread was closed so now am starting a new one. Just would like some feedback on our 6D5N trip for 2A and 2C. Itinerary as follow:

25June – Arrive from Florence, Italy to Luzern in the afternoon. Finally found a hotel that suited us. Will be staying at the Continental-Park Hotel for our whole duration. Will spend the day visiting the city’s nearby sights including the Chapel Bridge and Lion Monument and just walking around the old city.

26June – Depending on weather, we hope to make our trip up to Mount Titlis. We will be using our 4 day Swiss Travel Pass, Family Pass and the Mount Titlis Swiss Peak ticket.

27June – Making a day trip to Interlaken for some souvenir shopping ?? and then to Bern to see the famous sites namely Einstein House (for the kids), Munster Catherdral and the Bear Pit to name a few.

28June – Again depending on weather, a trip to Mt. Rigi via the ‘Classic round Trip’.

29June – Morning Train to Zurich for our last night. spending the day visiting the famous shopping streets, Old Town and the Lakeside Promenade.

30June – 1230 flight back home

Just wondering, would we be able to squeeze in a trip to Mt. Pilatus on the day we visit Mt. Rigi?

Also, with only one day in Zurich, would we be able to make it to Rhine Falls and back? This is not a must but if we can, then maybe we should try since I don’t think we will ever be back here again.

Thanks again for all the help so far. Cheers!

KamalS.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7125 posts
    11 March 2017 at 16:12:39 #859947

Hi KamalS!

Thanks for getting back in a new thread. Your itinerary looks well well balanced. I’d personally skip souvenir shopping in Interlaken though. You can perfectly shop for souvenirs in both Lucerne and Bern, and to be honest Interlaken itself isn’t that scenic. You may have incorporated it because of to the scenic Golden Pass ride between Lucerne and Interlaken? That’s fine of course.

Yes, you could do both Pilatus and Rigi in one day, if you leave early, don’t spend hours at the top and don’t mind a somehwat longer travel day. You’d best study the “Route” tabs of the pages I linked to and the timetable to plan such a day.

Pretty much the same goes for the Rhine Falls. It’s doable, but note that it will take about half a day to enjoy this visit. So that will leave significantly less time for Zurich itself. I know it’s still not much of an advice, but this really comes down to your personal preferences ;-).

I hope this helps you to finalize your plans!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 March 2017 at 3:12:03 #859948

Hi Annika.

Thanks for your reply. I wasn’t planning on the Golden Pass ride as I would have thought that it would take a whole day to complete and I don’t think we have the time? Do, you think we can add it in on the 27th and also make it to Bern? I just thought that Interlaken was a must see place as well.

Thanks for the timetable. I have checked and found that if we have an early morning we can make it to both mountains. Just wondering, will i be missing anything spectacular if i skip Pilatus? After reading the links, we decided on Titlis mainly because of the extras that the kids would enjoy like the Ice Flyer and the snow tubing. Rigi was chosen for the scenic views. But as i read the other threads, mostly all wanna go to Pilatus, so was just wondering.

We have decided to skip the Rhine Falls and just spend the day in Zurich itself.

Thanks and Cheers

KamalS

subaark
    Participant
    17 posts
    13 March 2017 at 6:08:58 #859949

Hi Kamal,

Please do visit Rhine Falls as it is spectacular. Since you have mentioned that it is a one time visit, Rhine is a must and pretty much doable. As the falls have a station of their own , It is just walking down to the falls and back up. The Boat ride on the falls is worth the effort and children will have an excellent time.

We did Rhine Falls , Kilchberg lindt chocolate factory ,(Chocolate heaven) , Boat ride on Lake Zurich to Rapperswill to see the church and Walk on the zürich bahnhofstrasse all in a day. You just need a single Zurich card (day pass) which covers this all. Since you are traveling with kids, please do enjoy these locations and activities .

Have a great vacation.

Ciao

Suganthy

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 March 2017 at 9:19:34 #859950

Hi Suganthy,

Thanks so much for your email. Now you have got me thinking about Rhine Falls. I was thinking of doing it for the kids actually and since I already have a Swiss Travel Pass, i am sure all the travelling will be taken care off and I wont be needing the Zurich card.

Let me recheck my itinerary and see if I can squeeze it in. Thanks again.

Cheers

Kamal

• The thread ‘Quick itinerary check 6 days Lucerne in June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.