Rail option paralysis

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2011 at 16:53:21 #804308

Hello,

I’m trying to figure out the best swiss pass/card option for my upcoming trip and I can’t quite figure out the best option.

2 people, travel from Zurich to Murren where we are staying for 5 nights. Plan for Jungfraujoch, possibly schilthorn, and a day trip from Murren to either Bern or Luzern. Then a final trip from Murren back to Zurich.

I was thinking 3 day Flexi Saver pass but does it have the 50% off that the half fare card does for the Jungfraujoch, etc.?

Is the half fare the only way to get the full 50% mountain discounts?

Thanks,
    James

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    18 May 2011 at 0:21:15 #832874

Hi James,

The Swiss Card would be perfect for your trip. It includes the return trip Zurich – Mürren and gets you 50% discounts on other trips, including the Jungfraujoch. The Swiss Saver Flexi Pass would provide identical discounts, but 25% for the Jungfraujoch. Maps showing where these passes are valid are linked from both pages I mentioned.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2011 at 12:04:45 #832875

Is the swiss card slightly flexible? We’re actually coming into Zurich HB by train from Munich (tickets already purchased). Would the Swiss card then be valid from Zurich HB and back?

Thanks again,
    James

Arno
    15483 posts
    18 May 2011 at 12:41:36 #832876

That’s no problem. It would have covered the leg from the border to Zurich HB as well, but in your case you would use it like air travelers use it after landing in Zurich.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2011 at 13:48:12 #832877

I had originally looked at it for that leg, but the Munchen Zurich sale ticket through bahn.de was tough to beat. Thanks so much for the advice and information!

• The thread ‘Rail option paralysis’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.