Rail pass for Paris - Grindelwald - Rome and back

Rail pass for Paris - Grindelwald - Rome and back

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
tlubin
tlubin
1 post
May 3, 2017 - 1:16 PM

I am a travel agent and I have a couple traveling to Europe next month. I would like to advise them which is best. they would like to travel from Paris to Switzerland (visit the Alps and spend two nights at Grindelwald), from there head to Rome and back to Paris. so my question is, would getting a rail pass be of any benefit to them and can that pass be used in all the above mentioned locations. thank you so much for any feedback you can provide

Lucas
Lucas
7125 posts
expert &
May 3, 2017 - 5:58 PM in reply to tlubin

Hi Tlubin and welcome to MySwissAlps!

There are several Swiss rail passes that they can choose from. A Swiss Half Fare Card could be used to get 50% off all their train tickets within Switzerland. The Swiss Travel Pass would be valid for all trains in Switzerland except for a few mountain attractions.

There are also regional passes, like the Jungfrau Travel Pass that will cover the area of Grindelwald and nearby only.

The only option that would cover all those rail trips (except for some mountain excursions they may do in Grindelwald etc) would be a Eurail Select Pass (which can be bought for all 3 countries).

All links above have a page about where the pass is valid and a map of the rail lines it covers for you to read over.

Lucas

Lucas

Last modified on May 3, 2017 - 5:58 PM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018