Railpass for May 2022 trip – Zurich, Lauterbrunnen

• Snedy
    Participant
    3 posts
    30 August 2021 at 9:01:59 #826075

Hi All,

I will be travelling to Swiss next year May 2022.

I will land at Zurich. Will go to Lauterbrunen. Will visit Murren, Schilthorn Gimmelwald, Grindalwald, Bachalpsee lake, Wengen, , Mannlichen trail.

Also visiting Kandersteg, Oeschinesee lake and then Matterhorn m, Stellisee lake.

Which rail pass will be best suited for me.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    30 August 2021 at 11:29:36 #936393

Hi Snedan lopes,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

It looks like you will be exploring mainly places around the Bernese Oberland. Therefore it might be worth getting the Regional Pass Bernese Oberland. The pass provides free unlimited traveling for 3, 4, 6, 8 or 10 consecutive days in the Bernese Oberland region. See more details of the pass here: http://www.myswissalps.com/regionalpassberneseoberland

However the Regional Pass Bernese Oberland won’t cover your trip to see the Matterhorn as Zermatt is in a different region. For trips not covered by the RPBO, there are other options such as a Saver Day Pass or a Swiss Travel Pass. This quick guide will help you compare various railpass combinations to find the best fit for your trip: http://www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass

Hope this gets you started.

Regards,

Anna

Shroffchetan
    Participant
    255 posts
    31 August 2021 at 4:48:54 #936394

Pl make an itinerary of travel and in simple spreadsheets plot fares from/to places with swiss half pass

compare that with swiss travel pass. Swiss travel pass also includes free entry to attractions and reductions

if you do not want to have so much hassle just go for swiss travel pass. It is very convenient and I personally used

Snedy
    Participant
    3 posts
    31 August 2021 at 5:04:43 #936395

Thank you Anna & Shroffchetan.

I will also be travelling to Interlaken so I think Swiss rail pass will be the best.

Just wanted to know whether Swiss rail pass works in Lauterbrunen,Wengan and Grindalwald?

Snedy
    Participant
    3 posts
    31 August 2021 at 5:05:48 #936396

Thank you Shroffchetan.

I will also be travelling to Interlaken so I think Swiss rail pass will be the best.

Just wanted to know whether Swiss rail pass works in Lauterbrunen,Wengan and Grindalwald?

Anna
    6382 posts
    31 August 2021 at 5:10:56 #936397

Hi again,

The Swiss Travel Pass is valid for travel all over Switzerland. So yes, it is also valid in Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen, Wengen and Grindelwald. With the STP, you will be able to travel on Swiss public transport for free and enjoy up to 50% discounts on cable cars and mountain railways. For more details, see here: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/validity

Let us know if you need further information.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Railpass for May 2022 trip – Zurich, Lauterbrunnen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.