regarding swiss pass and train ticket

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2015 at 16:12:28 #806988

hi,

i have a 4 day stay in switzerland(3days lucern 1 day zurich). 1st day i will be reaching zurich near about 15:00 then will go to lucern directly. i m thinking to buy 3 day swiss pass.which site will be perfect for purchasing the pass.(as sites are showing different different rates) can i collect my pass on zurich station also.

on day 1 i need to purchse ticket from lucern to zurich . should i purchase the ticket on the station after arriving or i can have pre booked online ticket . while searching i came across one option of individual ticket for particular date.there is difference in the rate too.(normal fare is coming 29CHF but with individual its 25CHF). what will be best. please suggest me if there any other option also.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    16 March 2015 at 17:57:01 #842051

Hi Ricks,

All the trusted resellers for Swiss Travel Passes are listed here.

A ticket from Zurich HB to Luzern costs CHF 25. The price is fixed, regardless of where or when you buy the ticket. I haven’t seen the price of CHF 29 anywhere. You can simply get the ticket at the station.

Enjoy your trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2015 at 19:02:46 #842052

thanx..

one more information.. i want to book vip seats on my golden panaromic train trip from lucern to interlaken. how can i book that and what will be the cost.

thnax..

Annika
    7104 posts
    16 March 2015 at 19:24:01 #842053

Hi Ricks,

There are only VIP seats between Zweisimmen and Montreux. Details and links can be found on our Golden Pass page. For Lucerne to Interlaken you can board the train with your Swiss Travel Pass; there’s nothing else you need to book.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 March 2015 at 21:05:27 #842054

Hi..

While purchasing swiss pass from the swissrail site there is one option of online ticket among the delievery options. What’s exactly is it? Whether I will get my pass online and with the same I can travel in the trains or its jus a confirmation and further I have to collect ticket or pass from somewhere else.

Please direct me.

thanx

Arno
    15471 posts
    19 March 2015 at 7:03:39 #842055

Hi Ricks,

Do you mean this British webshop of the Swiss Railways? In that case, Online Ticket means that you will receive the pass as a PDF document so you can print it yourself. It’s the actual pass you can use to travel, not just a conformation.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2015 at 12:25:19 #842056

Hi..

thanx for d reply..its from d site http://www.swissrailways.com .I m from manchester u.k. that means I can purchase my pass online.i hope there is no validation issue ( or I need to get the pass validate in the statiin)

Arno
    15471 posts
    19 March 2015 at 12:41:49 #842057

Hi Ricks,

From the UK, you’d better order from http://www.swisstravelsystem. co.uk I mentioned in my previous post. In that case you can pay in GBP, and shipping is free if you choose to receive a physical pass, and also free in case of printing it at home. You don’t need to validate the pass at a station. Just fill out the blank fields such as name and passport number, and you’ll be ready to board the trains.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2015 at 15:05:17 #842058

Hi

actually I was purchasing through the u.k site only. I filled all d formalities but there one point was mentioned that for swiss pass and other passes u need to book 2 months before your departure. Thats y I switched to other site and thought of opting the online option.

Thanks a lot for ur reply and guidance.

Arno
    15471 posts
    19 March 2015 at 15:48:05 #842059

I see what you mean. The comment “Please note that Swiss Passes, Flexi Passes, Youth Passes and Half Fare Cards can only be issued two months prior to departure” is quite confusing. It does not mean you have to order 2 months in advance. It only means that passes can only be issued that far ahead, so if people buy passes 3 months ahead of time, they can only send the passes 2 months ahead of time. But anyone can order at any time, until a few days before departure.

Well, I’m glad things are sorted out now for you. Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2015 at 16:38:02 #842060

Thanx a lot for your quick responses..

• The thread ‘regarding swiss pass and train ticket’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.