Booking Golden Pass train with Swiss Travel Pass?

Booking Golden Pass train with Swiss Travel Pass?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Anky1978
Anky1978
22 posts
May 27, 2017 - 4:24 AM

Dear All

I am lost with the booking for Golden Pass Train. Please Help. I have Swiss Travel Pass for Family.

See I am getting this info on www.raileurope.com/en/ us.

7:00AM
Lucerne

9:10AM
Lausanne

2hr10min

Train 2510

TRANSFER: 26 mins

9:36AM
Lausanne

10:02AM
Montreux

0hr26min

Train 12325

Whereas the Route on Swiss Alps is Via Interlaken via Zweisimmen.

a. Which Route is Correct?

b. reservations.mob.ch , on this website i am not getting return train.

c. What about the reservations?

Please Let me know what i have to do? I want to take Golden pass Train From Lucerne to Montreux in the morning at around 7-9 Am and Montreux to Lucerne in the eve same day.

Thanks

Ankur

Annika
Annika
4880 posts
expert &
May 27, 2017 - 3:58 PM in reply to Anky1978

Hi Ankur,

a. If you want to travel by Golden Pass, you need to travel via Interlaken and Zweisimmen as explained at myswissalps.com/golden pass/gettingthere. The route you've mentioned here via Lausanne is the quicker option that's displayed by default by most timetables, but it's not the Golden Pass route.

b. I'm not sure why you can't see a return train on that website. Did you try a whole new search for your train back? As suggested in your other topic, you can also travel back via Lausanne/Bern. No reservations are required at all for this route. You can just hop on with your Swiss Travel Pass.

c. As explained in your previous topic, you don't need reservations for the Golden Pass at all. Your Swiss Travel Pass is sufficient to just board and go. This goes for both the Golden Pass route as well as the alternative via Lausanne/Bern. The only section where reservations are recommended (but not even required) is Zweisimmen-Montreux. If you're looking for reservations at either website, please make sure this is the exact leg you're entering, not the whole stretch from Lucerne to Montreux. And did you try Happyrail, as listed at our Golden Pass seat reservation page?

Anky1978
Anky1978
22 posts
May 28, 2017 - 9:36 AM in reply to Annika

Ok Thanks Annika

Just one more info can i make reservation for Golden Pass Train from Zweisimmen and Montreux at Lucerne Station Also physically or it can be done online only?

Thanks

Ankur Nangia

Lucas
Lucas
3076 posts
expert &
May 28, 2017 - 11:32 AM in reply to Anky1978

Yes, you can make reservations at any Swiss rail station office if you want to wait until you are there, though it is possible it could be full.

Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017