REQUSET FOR UR GUIDANCE ON OUR TRIP TO SWIZERLAND

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2012 at 4:59:45 #805437

Dear Moderater –

I and my husband are planning a trip to Swizerland from September 13-17, 2012. We will be staying in Zurich with my brother for all the five days. Our iteinary is the following —

1. Sept 13, 2012 — day 1: reaching Zurich on 13th Sep at 6.20 am, full day in Zurichvisit to Rhine Valley [u] (please suggest what all we can visit in Zurich)[/u]

2. Sept 14, 2012 — day 2: Zurich to Interlaken[u] (please suggest the mode of transport – train or bus)[/u] – visiting Jungfrau by cogwheel train thorugh Eiger North Face and visiting Ice Palace[u] (please suggest any better options if available)[/u], back to Zurich in the evening

3. Sept 15, 2012 —day 3: Zurich to Interlaken – visiting Glacier 3000 by cable car from Col du Pillon , Para gliding (is it here ??) (please suggest any changes or other activities at Glacier 3000 and also any changes/additions to this plan),

4. Sept 16 2012 —-day 4: Zurich to Lacern – (please suggest the excursions that we can do in Lucern or any other place (St. Moritz) for day 4), back to Zurich in the evening

5. Sept 17, 2012–day 5 don’t know what to do … (Please suggest ??? )

Since we will be staying in Zurich we will be commuting every day to all the excursions by train-

Could you please suggest us which swiss raill pass we should opt for since we are two (me and my husband for five days) —
    (i) that provides buy one get one free promotional offer
    (ii) free travel in train, bus, boat or tram everyday
    (iii) discounts on various excursions like Jungfrau, Mt Titlis etc.

Also from where can we buy the swiss passes ? are they available on line ? what is the cost of the pass that you will advise? finally what is the difference between swiss pass (of different kind flexi etc) and swiss card and which is the best one to opt for.

We would we very grateful for your guidance on the same. Many many thanks for your help.

Kind regards
    Anshu

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    15 July 2012 at 5:44:59 #836637

Hello Anshu! Here are some tips that will help you plan your stay in Switzerland:

• Since you’re traveling in September, you can use the economical 2 for 1 offer on the 4 day Swiss Saver Pass. It covers most of your trips and is very convenient. You should use the pass for day 1 to 4. Please visit the Swiss Pass page for all details, a downloadable validity map, purchase options and up to date prices in your preferred currency. If you stay in or near Zurich on day 5, an additional ZurichCard would be a good solution for this last day. The Swiss Card is explained at the Swiss Card page;
    • The timetable is of great help in planning all your trips. Just enter your departure station and destination for each trip and the date and approximate time of traveling. The timetable shows all connections and modes of transport. Clicking the plus symbol near each connection will provide you with even more details;
    • I suggest you browse this forum, visit the Bernese Oberland day trip overview and get to Zurich tourism and Lucerne tourism for further ideas for your itinerary. It’s quite full already and it looks fine, so I don’t think you need that much other plans – although it’s always wise to have some bad weather alternatives in mind, such as boat trips over the lake, the traffic museum in Lucerne, the Swiss national museum in Zurich, etc.
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 July 2012 at 4:58:24 #836638

Dear Annika –
    Thanks for your guidance . This is very helpful. One more question what is the difference between the 4 day swiss saver pass and the 4 day flexi pass. I understand that you can use the four day flexi pass on and 4 days in a month and currenlty it has 2 for 1 offer also . Am I correct.

Once more question, if I take the 2 for 1, 4 day flexi pass will I be able to get a 50 % discount on my travel on the 5 th day also ???

Would really appreciate your guidance on the same.

many thanks

kind regards
    anshu

Annika
    7116 posts
    16 July 2012 at 10:24:47 #836639

Hello Anshu. That’s right, the 4 day Swiss Saver Pass is to be used for 4 consecutive days; the free travel days of the 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass don’t have to be consecutive and can be spread over a maximum period of 1 month. However, its validity ends with the last free travel day, so if you use free travel days on day 1 to 4, the pass won’t provide any discounts anymore on day 5. That’s why a regular 4 day Swiss Saver Pass seems to make more sense for your itinerary. Only if you plan to make a long and expensive trip on your last and 5th day, a Swiss Saver Flexi Pass would be worth considering.

• The thread ‘REQUSET FOR UR GUIDANCE ON OUR TRIP TO SWIZERLAND’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.