About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Rhine falls & Stein am Rhein day trip from Zurich
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Rhine falls & Stein am Rhein day trip from Zurich

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
BURISANJU
BURISANJU
15 posts
Jan 21, 2020 - 2:38 AM

I would be traveling with my wife and our 15 year old son through Switzerland for 16 days. We will be using 15 days Swiss pass.

My question is in Zurich I have 3 days at the end of our tour before flying out... One day I would like to do Rhine falls & Stein am Rhein day trip from Zurich using our Swiss pass.. can you please help out in the planning of the day ?

Also since we have another day at our disposal at Zurich can you suggest another day out...

Thanks And regards,

Sanjoy

rockoyster
rockoyster
8888 posts
expert
Jan 21, 2020 - 6:08 AM in reply to BURISANJU

Hello Sanjay and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

This thread may help - www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/rhine-falls-and-rhein-am-stein-day-trip.

You might also find some inspiration from this trip report for your other day trips.

BURISANJU
BURISANJU
15 posts
Jan 21, 2020 - 6:38 AM

Thank you so much for your help...

Steph
Steph
2293 posts
top member
Jan 21, 2020 - 1:15 PM in reply to BURISANJU

Hello Sanjoy,

As you'll see in the forum thread linked by Rockoyster, there are also guided tours to the Rhine Falls and Stein am Rhein, which can drop you directly at Zurich Airport with your luggage, which can be very handy:
- www.myswissalps.com/rhinefalls/packages
- www.myswissalps.com/airports/zurich

For more inspiration what to do in and around Zurich see:
- www.myswissalps.com/zurich/activities

Anything specific you're interested in?!

Get back to us anytime for more input.

Best,
Steph

Also see:
- www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass

Last modified on Jan 21, 2020 - 1:15 PM by Steph
BURISANJU
BURISANJU
15 posts
Jan 21, 2020 - 1:20 PM in reply to Steph

Thanks for your reply....

I would be coming to Zurich from Zermatt by train... Once in Zurich ,I would spend my first day in the city seeing local sights... The second day I would like to do Rhine falls and Stein Am Rhein , using my Swiss pass..Since I will have a swisspass so I was not looking at packages..

Pauly
Pauly
13 posts
Jan 22, 2020 - 1:13 PM

Dear BURISANJU,

depending on the time of the year you are planning your trip to Zurich, you might be interested in the following day trip to the Rhine Falls: by boat from Kreuzlingen/Constance at the Lake Constance to Schaffhausen over the Untersee and the Rhine (approx. 3¾ hours). There is also a possibility to get on the ship at Stein am Rhein. From Schaffhausen you can return to Zurich by train. Check the website www.urh.ch/en/. This boat service operates only from April to October.

I made this wonderful trip on June 7th 2019 – if you like you can read my blog about this trip: paulinehikes.com/schaffhausen-over-the-river-rhine-to-the-rhine-falls.

Enjoy jour holiday!

BURISANJU
BURISANJU
15 posts
Jan 22, 2020 - 1:29 PM

Thank you Pauly...

We will be in Zurich from 30th May to 2nd June...

31st May would like to do the Rhine falls and Stein Am Rein.

Also on 1stvJune would like a day out of Zurich bit am not sure where to head out...If you have some suggestions would appreciate that.

Thanks and best regards,

Sanjoy

Ildiko
Ildiko
1033 posts
top member &
Jan 22, 2020 - 1:44 PM in reply to BURISANJU

Hi Sanoy,

Have you ever been in Lucerne (www.myswissalps.com/lucerne)? If not I definitely recommend it and not just the town but also the surroundings: www.myswissalps.com/lakelucerne/activities.

Regarding Zurich have a look at this self guided walking tour: www.myswissalps.com/hiking/zurich and do not miss the Bahnhof Strasse: www.myswissalps.com/bahnhofstrasse.

Swiss Travel Pass will be very useful for you. If you need any information about it: www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass.

Ildiko

BURISANJU
BURISANJU
15 posts
Jan 22, 2020 - 2:28 PM

Ildiko thank you so much..

We are starting our 16 days tour in May 2020 ofSwitzerland with Lucerne...

Lucerne 4 days

Lauterbrunen 3days

Mountreux 3 days

Zermat 2 days

Zurich 3 days

On 16th day we fly out of Zurich...

we will be using 15 day Swiss pass.

We are 2 adults and our son (15yrs old)

Thanks and regards,

Sanjoy

Ildiko
Ildiko
1033 posts
top member &
Jan 22, 2020 - 2:57 PM in reply to BURISANJU

I see. :)

From Zurich you can get to Bern and Basel around 1 hour: www.myswissalps.com/bern and www.myswissalps.com/basel.

Or visit the Läderach chocolate factory near Glarus: www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/laderach-chocolatier (you need to book a tour).

Maybe your son would enjoy Technorama, which is a science and technology museum in Winterthur: www.technorama.ch/en/home

Ildiko

Pauly
Pauly
13 posts
Feb 1, 2020 - 2:43 PM in reply to BURISANJU

Dear Sanjoy,

For June 1st you might consider a visit to St. Gall (good rail connection with Zurich!). Another option, also in the north-eastern part of Switzerland, could be a trip to the mountain Säntis (check en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Säntis): it is only two hours by train and bus from Zürich Main Station to the valley station of the cable car. From the top you have an amazing view over the complete Alpine area far into France, Germany and Austria! Of course this trip is only feasible when the weather is fine: no fog, no overcast skies… I have been there in February 2006. There was a lot of wind at the top, but the visibility was excellent and I loved the panorama.

Best regards!

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020