Routes from Wilderswil to Kleine Scheidegg

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 April 2010 at 1:27:29 #803759

Hello,
    I’m planning a surprise anniversary trip for my wife and myself next August. Part of the plan is to visit the Jungfraujoch. We will be staying in Wilderswil and from there we’ll have to get to the Jungfraujoch. It seems that there are two possible routes to get there, either through Wengen or Grindenwald. Could you please advice me as to which route I should choose? Thank you for your help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    8 April 2010 at 4:30:59 #831062

Hello Dewstone, that’s a hard one to answer since both of the routes are beautiful. I was on Kleine Scheidegg many times – from there the train to Jungfraujoch departs – and I really can’t say which route I prefer, through Wengen or through Grindelwald. You could consider to take one route on your way there, and the other on your way back. The route through Wengen will give you some more spectactular views, right into the “Lauterbrunnental”, you will see waterfalls. Taking the route through Grindelwald, you will have other wonderful views, for example at the Wetterhorn. So if you don’t want to miss anything…
    By the way, what a lovely idea, a surprise anniversary trip! I’m sure you will enjoy the Jungfraujoch, it’s really very special.
    Have fun!

Olga

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 April 2010 at 4:44:06 #831063

Thank you so much Olga! Combining both routes sounds great. This way, we won’t have to miss out on either one. Since you seem to know the region quite well, could you please advice me on another question? I’m not quite sure how long we should stay at the Jungfraujoch. Could we visit both Schilthorn and Jungfraujoch in one day for example? I’d love to visit as many of the highlights as possible, but it wouldn’t be wise to hurry all day either…

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    8 April 2010 at 8:35:17 #831064

If I were you, I would never visit Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn on the same day. There is so much to see, and both trips may take more time than you might think now, especially Jungfraujoch. From Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch by train will take about a little less than an hour, and I suppose you want to travel back at the same day ;-). And it will take you time to get to Kleine Scheidegg and back too. On top of that: both highlights are so overwhelming! I would even recommend to wait a couple of days between Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn, if you have time.

Olga

• The thread ‘Routes from Wilderswil to Kleine Scheidegg’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.