Saturday sunday trip to switzerland

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
nitinkohli
nitinkohli
1 post
Sep 16, 2012 - 6:37 AM
Hi,
I am planning to visit Switzerland on Saturday morning and leave by Sunday evening. Most probably arrival/depart from Basel Airport. stay on Saturday night in Basel or near by area,

I want to cover as much as possible to see the Switzerland.
Please suggest me:

* Famous Switzerland Places to cover
* mode of transport
* Approximate budget of traveling by public transport (Bus/Train/Tram).
* Recommended stay to start the journey from the place where i an end Saturday and then start Sunday from there.

Thanks for your advice.
Annika
Annika
5008 posts
expert &
Sep 19, 2012 - 11:19 AM

Welcome to the forum nitinkohli! I suggest a stay in Lucerne or Interlaken. You could visit highlights such as the Jungfraujoch, Rigi, Pilatus and make boat trips over Lake Thun/lake Brienz and/or lake Lucerne. Further tips are listed here. That's enough for a two day visit. You can best travel by public transportation and plan your trips using the timetable. Prices can be found there too. A Swiss Half Fare Card may help you save money, depending on the exact trips you'll be making. Here's how to calculate whether a rail pass is worth your money.

I hope this gets you started!

Last modified on Nov 1, 2018 - 4:17 PM by Arno

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019