Saver Day Pass vs Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2018 at 10:48:11 #816483

hello,

I would like to ask which pass is more worth for us in 3 days.

“saver day pass” vs “Swiss travel pass” for 3 days , especially that I’m not sure about the gondola prices and if the 50 % discount of cable cars tickets covers the following Itinerary:

Day 1 on 27-7-2018 : from Geneve Airport to Lausane- montreux- chateau de chillon (entrance fees 13 chf) – aigle castle then to the hotel in Bern . (saver day pass 52 chf)

– Day 2 on 28-7-2018 from bern to grindelwald -gondola to first (60 chf can you confirm this price for 2 ways? ) -hike to bachalpsee – back to Bern (saver day pass 70 chf)

-Day 3 on 29-7-2018: from bern to kandersteg station – cable car to oeschinen lake (30 chf) -kandersteg station – bern hotel then to Milano by train (saver day pass 70 chf)

By calculating the tickets, I’ve got this:

• if Saver day pass : 282 CHF

Day 1: 52 chf , day 2 : 70 chf + cable car 60 = 130 CHF and day 3 : 70 + cable car 30 = 100 CHF

Total: 282 chf

• If “Swiss travel pass” for 3 days : 225 CHF

Questions:

1. The gondola from grindelwald to first and from kandersteg to oeschinsee are included in the 50 % reduction when buying the Swiss travel pass ???
    2. Can I get a reduction on mountain cable cars by using the “saver day pass”

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions to save money while traveling in switzerland

Thank you in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    6 June 2018 at 11:07:18 #887545

Hello Marie and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

1. Yes.

2. No unless you also buy a Swiss Half Fare Card which would make no sense for such a short visit.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2018 at 12:36:18 #887546

Thank you for your reply.

How can I check the prices of cable cars from grindelwald to first ? And from kandersteg to oeschinen lake ? Any website for 2018 prices?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2018 at 12:50:12 #887547

Hi Marie,

You can use the Swiss Railways timetable (https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable) to plan out the trips and find prices for any trip as well.
    The first price you see is for Swiss Half Fare Card holders, so if you don’t have that rail pass then double the price to get the regular fare.

Once you have the regular fare you can then take off any deduction you receive may receive if you have a rail pass like the Swiss Travel Pass for example.

• The thread ‘Saver Day Pass vs Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.