Schynige Platte included in Jungfrau Travel Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2019 at 1:35:11 #821045

Is the cog train ticket from Wilderswil to Schynige Platte included in the Jungfrau Pass? Same question about the tram from Stechelberg up to Gimmelwald. It’s hard to tell on their inclusion map.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    18 April 2019 at 2:37:47 #909645

Hello Wolf and Welcome to MySwissAlps

Have you looked at the map at http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfrautravelpass/valid ity?

Schynigge Platte is covered. The entire Schilthornbahn from Stechelberg to Schilthorn is 25% discount. But you can get as far as Mürren for free via Grütschalp.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2019 at 3:17:19 #909646

Thank you for the welcome and response. Yes have looked at the map and it doesn’t show the bann up to Gimmelwald included. Other research I’ve done has conflicting info. Some say that it’s included to Gimmelwald and also the second leg to Murren, and then discount from Murren on to the Schilthorn summit. Some say 50% others say 25% off.??

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    18 April 2019 at 3:31:56 #909647

The map shows the entire route Stechelberg to Schilthorn 25% discount. It doesn’t show Gimmelwald because it’s just a tiny dot on the map and they probably couldn’t fit the name in.

Is the purpose of your question trying to determine the merits of a Jungfrau Travel Pass?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2019 at 4:21:08 #909648

Yes. Trying to determine from my itinerary if the pass is worth it.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    18 April 2019 at 5:11:04 #909649

If you haven’t already you should read “How to choose the best travel pass” (http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass), download the handy spreadsheet calculator and do the math.

If you want to share your broad itinerary there are plenty of people here willing to offer and opinion on the best options, with the proviso that the math ultimately rules (unless money is no object or convenience of ticket-less travel is paramount).

Annika
    7124 posts
    18 April 2019 at 14:51:28 #909650

Hi Wolf. I understand that the validity maps can be hard to read sometimes. In addtion to the maps, we also present a list of attractions and their discounts at myswissalps.com/jungfr autravelpass/validity. You’ll find a link to the official Schilthorn price overview there, which confirms the 25% discount on all concernig routes (including Gimmelwald) for Jungfrau Travel Pass holders.

In case you’re looking for a pass with wider coverage, you may take a study the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland: myswissalps.com/region alpassberneseoberland/ validity. But in the end only detailed calculcations based on your travel plans can tell which pass fits your itinerary best.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2019 at 20:01:14 #909651

I’m using your worksheet and the link to the timetables to determine the full costs before I do the best pass math. However, even the advanced timetable does not give the ability to obtain the costs of the individual trams. For example, when I check the Grindelwald up to First cable car it will only show me a bus schedule. Do I need to goggle each tram individually to determine the costs to use them?

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 April 2019 at 20:57:14 #909652

Hi Wolf,

The timetable seems to work fine for me. There is no bus to First but it may show one to reach the valley cable car station. Just click to the details of each connection to see. Or enter “Grindelwald (Firstbahn)”, which is the valley station name, you will then not see the bus to get there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2019 at 21:36:09 #909653

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I know there is no bus to First. I’m looking for the ticket cost for the trams/cable cars. I sent an e-mail to our lodging host and asked for that cost and was told it was $30. Still trying to find the other cable car prices in our itinerary. Are you finding cable car/gondola prices on the timetable?

Arno
    15484 posts
    19 April 2019 at 7:02:05 #909654

Hi Wolf,

The timetable shows me “from CHF 15” on the first screen. If you continue clicking as explained under “How to find ticket prices” on the timetable page, you’ll end up with a full return fare (up and down) of CHF 60. With a Swiss Travel Pass you would pay half of that price.

The timetable provides prices for most mountain transport. If not, then all our mountain pages have links to price lists. We don’t have a page for First yet, but we do for many other like Jungfraujoch: http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/tickets (the First prices are in that link as well by the way).

JaneEB
    Participant
    219 posts
    19 April 2019 at 8:43:53 #909655

Hi Wolf

I used the Jungfrau brochure to find the prices for journeys around the Jungfrau Pass area. I googled Jungfrau Transport Prices.

http://www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/prices-and-brochures/

Hope this is of help.

Jane

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2019 at 10:40:17 #909656

Thanks Jane. It does!

• The thread ‘Schynige Platte included in Jungfrau Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.