Seat reservation for 19th July

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2016 at 16:12:43 #809600

Hello,

we are planning a panoramic golden pass route on the 19th of July from Montreux through Gruyeres, to Broc. As I have checked availability for this day on 2nd class, I have found no free seats. My question is that how should we make a reservation, or is it necessary to make reservation for 6 persons?

We plan to travel with swiss travelpass, does the reservation involve any additional costs? (And where can we make the reservation?)

On the 21st of July we plan to make the Montreux-Zweisimmen-Interlaken-Luzern route via Golden Pass. My question is the same: do we need reservation for 6 persons?

Wish You all the best, and looking forward to hearing from You!

Botond

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    3 July 2016 at 16:51:55 #853752

Hi Botond,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Seat reservations are not very common in Switzerland. If you do want them, you need to pay for them regardless of which pass or ticket you have. Theoretically you could book seats for the Golden Pass leg of your trip to Broc (Montreux to Montbovon), as they recommend it for some trains, but personally I wouldn’t do so, and certainly not for the way back as that limits your flexibility. The below pages provide the details:

As for the Swiss Travel Pass: please see http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price for all purchase options. You can best order it about a week before your trip and print it online to save time.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2016 at 17:57:51 #853753

Thank you for your very fast answer! Have a nice evening!

• The thread ‘Seat reservation for 19th July’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.