Select Swiss 5 transfer Card or 5 Days Swiss Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Mehala
Mehala
1 post
Mar 22, 2014 - 11:10 AM

Hi,

Me and my husband are travelling to Switzerland in the mid of May and I have confusion of deciding between Swiss 5 transfer card or 5 Days Swiss Flexi Pass for my Itinerary . Different Agents say differently.

My Itinerary:

Day 1 : Zurich Airport to Interlaken

Day 2 : Interlaken - Jugfraujoch and back to Interlaken for the stay

Day 3 : Interlaken to Lucerne

Day 4 : Lucerne -. Titlis and back to Lucerne

Day 5 : Lucerne to Zurich and stay at Zurich

Day 6: Departure from Zurich at night and I have full day here

With the Swiss 5 transfer card , is my 2 mountain excursions are covered ? Will I able to use bus / tram/ boat in this case. Is Rhine falls is included in this?

What is the advantage if I go for a swiss pass ?

I will do only 2 mountain excursion and like to spend leisure time by visiting local villages etc

Please any one can suggest which is best for me.

Arno
Arno
12326 posts
expert &
Mar 22, 2014 - 11:35 AM

Hi Mehala,

Actually, from a price point, a Swiss Half Fare Card may be the best deal here. It provides 50% off all trips. Most of your trips are not very long, so you do not need a pass for free traveling on such days. A Swiss Half Fare Card would require you to purchase tickets for each trip. I you find that inconvenient, a 5-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass would be the best choice. I don't know what a Swiss 5 Transfer Card is. It's not a regular Swiss Travel System pass. It may be a customized travel pass, but you would have to ask the travel agent what exactly is included.

To find the cheapest overall travel expenses, just follow these instructions. As said, I think the Swiss Half Fare Card will be the cheapest in your case. Click the pass links I gave you to find all pass details (prices, what's included, how they work).

Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 12:58 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019