Short 2.5 day Switzerland trip in November

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 November 2016 at 7:56:07 #810298

Hi . . . I am a nature lover and travelling to Switzerland for 2.5 days. I’ll be reaching zurich on Friday morning 4th November at 10 o clock and need to leave back from zurich to Copenhagen on 6th of November by 5 pm.

Due to time constraints I want to see the limited and best of Switzerland in low budget . I have taken a hostel in Interlaken ost for 4th and 5th night .Is Rhine Falls a good option to go at this time ? And should I take a Golden pass train to reach Interlaken? Is it possible to accommodate both jungfrau and Mt. Titlis? Can you please suggest me the best that can be done in this small time in low budget ? Thanks much .

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    1 November 2016 at 14:48:50 #856840

Hi JyotiVal,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! For this short stay I’d leave out the Rhine Falls if I were you. They’re not that spectacular in November and a bit off from your other interests. If you stay in Interlaken, a visit to the Jungfraujoch can very well be done. Titlis can be included too, either on your way from Zurich to Interlaken or from Interlaken to Zurich. Note that it’s quite a detour though. Picking a vantage point closer to Lucerne, such as Pilatus, could be a more relaxed alternative as it requires less taveling time. Yes, the Golden Pass route is definitely recommended when traveling between Zurich-Lucerne-Interlaken.

You’ll be able to cut down on travel costs with either a 3 day Swiss Travel Pass or a Swiss Half Fare Card. Which is best, depends on your finalized travel plans. Please find calculation tips at myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/chooserailpass.

Mind to make some back-up plans in case of bad weather. City visits to Bern, Lucerne, Thun and/or Zurich could be an alternative if it’s too foggy or rainy to spend your money on mountain rides.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 November 2016 at 17:23:59 #856841

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply Annika. I have now decided to skip Rhine Falls. I am thinking to take up golden pass train from zurich to Lucerne to interlaken . I can either roam in Lucerne for sometime or plan to go to pilatus . And on next day I am thinking to take up Jungfraujoch . And last day just will roam in Interlaken for sometime and plan back to zurich . For such itinerary can you suggest if I should purchase Swiss travel pass or half fare card ? Also in case of pilatus or Jungfraujoch do we have to go by cable car or its direct train ? If cable car is there then is it covered in Swiss pass or only all the train travels are covered in Swiss pass or half fare card ?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 November 2016 at 4:43:14 #856842

Hi I will be arriving on the 3rd morning in Zurich airport and I would like to visit jungfrau.i am planning to stay at Lucerne and I plan to stay for few days at Lucerne. Is it snowing now? what activity I can do

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 November 2016 at 4:44:06 #856843

Is there any pass that include from Zurich airport to Lucerne.

Arno
    15483 posts
    2 November 2016 at 6:48:52 #856844

Hi Evita,

The Lucerne page explains all about what to do, hotels and more. Lucerne isn’t a good base to visit Jungfraujoch as it takes 4 to 5 hours to get there (one way). For rail passes, including maps of what’s included, please see here.

Please open in new thread for further questions. This one is about JyotiVal’s itinerary. Thanks!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 November 2016 at 21:51:45 #856845

Hi,…I got to know that whether is going to be really bad this weekend so instead of interlaken now i am planning to stay in lucerne. I have decided to go to titlis from Zurich on first day and Jungfrau and/or rigi second day. Can you please suggest if i should take up swiss pass / half fare pass / single tickets for this itinerary to make it cheaper ?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 November 2016 at 22:25:52 #856846

Hey.. can you please also give me some details about wintger tell pass … is this a better one to take if i just want to go up to titlis and Rigi ?

Arno
    15483 posts
    3 November 2016 at 6:23:53 #856847

Hi JyotiVal,

A pass will save you money, but which pass will save you more should be calculated if you want to be 100% sure (see Annika’s link). A Swiss Half Fare Card is always a good idea, but a Swiss Travel Pass is more convenient and may or may not save more.

Please see here for the Tell-Pass Winter.

• The thread ‘Short 2.5 day Switzerland trip in November’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.