Sightseeing in Interlaken for 2 days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2017 at 4:43:03 #811731

I will be reachin interlaken on 17th june 1pm and will be starting my trip to explore interlaken around 2pm. I am in interlaken on 17 and 18th. I plan to go to jungfrau on 18th .start as early as possible.go up via lauterbrunnen and come down via grindelwald (no hiking,will b taking the train) with some sightseeing at these 2 stops also.and earlier i had planned to go on lake thun boat cruise on 17th afternoon. I found out lake thun cruise take min 4 and half hours. Durin my trip research i came across the fact that lake brienz is too beautiful and soo i want to see that too. Can lake thun and brienz boat cruise be done on same day with some sightseeing if i start around 2pm or can i do lake brienz after getting back from jungfrau? And also would like to know other options in interlaken for sightseeig.19th morning around 9 or 10 am i will b leaving for lucerne by the golden pass line.

Thanks a ton in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2017 at 9:39:28 #862970

Hi Priyanka0208 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can take shorter trips on Lake Thun and Lake Brienz and fit them into your stay. Both pages I provided have a link to the boat schedules for you to plan any trips you want.

For a list of recommended activities around Interlaken click here. I am not sure you have time to do much other than walking around the town, if you are leaving that day by 9 or 10 am however.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2017 at 11:26:19 #862971

Hello there

I wouldn’t think you can do both cruises in one day if you start so late. On 17th there is a boat from Interlaken West at 2.10 p.m. which reaches Thun at 4.20 p.m. ( there is one more an hour later). You could then return to Interlaken by train along the south shore (about half an hour) or by scenic bus route no. 21 along the north shore (about an hour). The train station and the bus stop are both close to the boat dock in Thun but if you don’t want to go straight back to Interlaken, look at times for return then take a stroll around Thun first.

On 18th if you get back down from Jungfraujoch in time the last boat to Brienz leaves Interlaken Ost from boat dock (follow signs from rail station which is where you will arrive from Jungfraujoch trip) at 4.07 p.m., arriving in Brienz at 5.20 p.m. Return from Brienz to Interlaken Ost by train. Rail station is close to boat dock.

If you have a Swiss Travel Pass all these boats, trains and bus are covered by the Pass.

The BLS website is not currently showing the timetables – I found the times by doing advance search on SBB website and unchecking all modes of transport except boats!

Maggie

Annika
    7124 posts
    8 May 2017 at 12:56:14 #862972

Hi Maggie,

The PDF timetables can still be found under “More on other websites” on the pages Lucas linked to in his post. Does that work for you?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2017 at 15:20:33 #862973

Hi Annika

No the PDF files would not open properly which is why I went to SBB site – I am familiar with using advance search on SBB so it was no problem. By the way I do not like the new up date SBB have made to their site so have created a link for my favourites folder to the old version which I found much easier to use! New ways are not always better than old ones in my experience! Or perhaps “old” people prefer old ways! Ha Ha!

Maggie

Annika
    7124 posts
    9 May 2017 at 12:28:55 #862974

Hi Maggie!

Too bad the PDF file won’t open. I just tried again and it worked fine. You may want to try in another browser, or use a different PDF reader maybe?

Yes, I understand your feelings about the new timetable. I’m sure we’ll all get used to it, but I too miss some features such as the map that used to be visible for each connection. Good that the old version is still accessible :-). The SBB will very probably keep improving their new website too!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2017 at 14:30:01 #862975

Thank you guys for the input..had my exams soo couldnt reply earlier…i guess i will take the thun tour complete if possible n keep brienz for 18th…how much time one need when you go up the jungfrau??

Arno
    15484 posts
    13 May 2017 at 15:43:49 #862976

Hi Priyanka0208,

I hope your exams were successful! Jungfraujoch takes a half to a full day, please see the Jungfraujoch page for details on the trip and the activities up there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2017 at 16:31:05 #862977

Hi again guys

need little idea about visiting Rhine falls.. I was reading that 9 o’clock pass applies to it.can I buy the 9o’clock pass without having the half fare card.? And does it cover return journey to Zürich on same day.

thanks guys

Arno
    15484 posts
    16 May 2017 at 18:36:44 #862978

Hi Priyanka0208!

You can’t buy a 9 o'clock travelpass for the entire country without a Swiss Half Fare Card, but you can buy a 9 o’clock day pass for the Zurich area, so that’s an option in this case.

• The thread ‘Sightseeing in Interlaken for 2 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.