Skiing in Zermatt early May and equipment rental

• Crossofiron
    Participant
    32 posts
    19 February 2019 at 22:01:38 #820007

I will be in Zermatt May 2nd and 3rd and was thinking about doing some easy skiing. Hoping to find out if there is equipment rentals and some idea for prices.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    19 February 2019 at 22:44:46 #904590

This one and many others. Just ask Google!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 February 2019 at 2:11:27 #904591

That’s a late date for skiing, there may be some restrictions

equally there may be discounts on rental

In mid winter there are dozens of ski rental places in Zermatt, not sure about early May

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 February 2019 at 5:26:27 #904592

Thank you Snowman. I was about to ask this question but Crossofiron got to do it first. Anyways, thank you for the info.

CWash

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 February 2019 at 13:52:01 #904593

Hi!

It is possible to ski in Zermatt even in the summer on the glacier (on the Klein Matterhorn).

I’ve been skiing there at the end of May, it’s totally doable, however you might not be skiing in the best snow conditions! If you’re keen to get some skiing in make sure you check the weather forecast as you might not need that many layers 🙂

Equipment rental is possible either just before getting on the ski lifts at Zermatt Furi, I think there are a couple of shops there for rentals or in the village depending on where you are staying. I’ve never had any issues! Check out Dorsaz Intersport for prices:

http://www.zermatt.ch/en/Medi a/Attractions/Dorsaz-Sport-Intersport-Talstation-Matterhorn-Glacier-Paradise

Here are some links to help you further:

Have a great time!

Maria.

• The thread ‘Skiing in Zermatt early May and equipment rental’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.