st moritz and zermatt

• suaoun
    Participant
    6 posts
    24 December 2014 at 0:40:24 #806772

my brother, his family and i will be in st moritz(2 nights/1 day) and zermatt(3 nights/2 days) in Feb. we do not ski and my brother has a pacemaker(crtd). we are taking the glacier express from st moritz to zermatt. besides enjoying the snow, can you suggest what we can do? his son is 18 years old.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    26 December 2014 at 15:06:33 #841449

Hello suaoun,

There are several peaks/viewing points you can visit near both towns, like Gornergrat, Klein Matterhorn, Corvatsch. Do make sure that your brother is allowed to go up to those altitudes. From St. Moritz, you can do a train trip to Tirano via the Bernina line. Suggestions and details are here and here. Sledging from Preda to Bergün is also worth looking into, see here.

• The thread ‘st moritz and zermatt’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.