About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum St Moritz to Lausanne via Zurich or Lucerne
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

St Moritz to Lausanne via Zurich or Lucerne

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Bigdaddyboom
Bigdaddyboom
1 post
Dec 8, 2019 - 8:43 PM

Hi,

I am a “rookie” traveller and will be visiting Europe for the first time in May. My wife and I are planning to take the train from Milan to Tirano and then the goal is to take the Bernina Express to St Moritz where we will spend 1 night. Our next planned stop is Lausanne for 4 nights (to watch 2 hockey games) and I am wondering if we should cut Lausanne back to 3 nights and take the train to Zürich or Lucerne for a night before venturing to Lausanne? Neither of us are adventure seekers, but we do enjoy food, wine, whiskey and culture.

Scott :)

Rail Europe
rockoyster
rockoyster
8888 posts
expert
Dec 8, 2019 - 9:27 PM in reply to Bigdaddyboom

Hi Scott and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

If it was me I’d take the Glacier Express from St Moritz and have a night at Zermatt on your way to Lausanne.

Your food, wine and whiskey desires might be satisfied by shop.glacierexpress.ch/gex_en/specials/daytrips/glacier-express-excellence-class. There is a cheaper option. 😉

Last modified on Dec 9, 2019 - 4:24 AM by Steph
Steph
Steph
2293 posts
top member
Dec 9, 2019 - 4:27 AM in reply to Bigdaddyboom

Hi Scott,

Nice to hear you and your wife are coming to Switzerland.

Both or rather all three options will work out, thanks to Switzerland's rather small size. So you can make it dependant on if you want to add an extra destination, such as Lucerne or Zurich, to your trip before heading to Lausanne.
- www.myswissalps.com/lucerne
- www.myswissalps.com/zurich

The best might be to check out the travelling time needed for each destination in order to help you decide what fits you best. Generally, getting to know the Swiss train timetable is very helpful, as it's an invaluable tool for planning.
- www.myswissalps.com/timetable

For your arrival you might also want to check out:
- www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/italy

Hope this helps. Get back to us anytime for further support.

Best,
Steph

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020