Stanserhorn 4-course dinner, reserve trip up?

• Pickergal
    Participant
    88 posts
    30 August 2017 at 18:29:58 #813128

We are going to the Stanserhorn for their 4 course dinner on Saturday, September 23rd. We are planning to visit the Fortress Furigen in the late afternoon before we go up the Stanserhorn. Our dinner is already reserved but do you think we need to reserve a time for our ride up the mountain? We are obviously going no matter what the weather is like. It is just that I don’t really want to bind us to the 17:30 time in case we get done at the Fortress Furigen earlier than that and go up to the Stanserhorn for a longer period of time. I assume the only people going up at that point are others who are going to dinner. Has anyone done this? Is there a massive crowd of people all wanting to go up at the same time?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 August 2017 at 6:21:23 #869212

Hi Pickergal,

I wouldn’t expect big line ups at any mountain in late September to be honest and Stanserhorn is probably the smaller/less well-known mountain in the Luzern area. The reservation isn’t a bad idea though depending on when you dinner is and if you have some leeway. If you get there early you can go up without a reservation in any case.

I’m not sure how their dinner program works but normally the 5chf reservation fee is given back to you as a credit to the gift shop or restaurant. I would contact the restaurant a day or so before your reservation to see if they would recommend a reservation and see how busy dinner will be in case they are expecting a lot of people.

Lucas

Pickergal
    Participant
    88 posts
    31 August 2017 at 13:05:40 #869213

Thank you Lucas for your reply. We do not have a set dinner time but the doors for dinner open at 6:15. I don’t think they charged me a reservation fee. Anyway, it is nice to know that even if I make a reservation for 5:30, we can go up earlier. Thanks again.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    31 August 2017 at 19:38:55 #869214

Hi Pickergal –

This thread may interest you:

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/festung-vitznau-andor-festung-furigen

Slowpoke

Pickergal
    Participant
    88 posts
    31 August 2017 at 19:47:58 #869215

Thank you Slowpoke. We would have loved to have gone to Vitznau but if I remember correctly, it was only open on Friday nights and we already have tickets to the Oktoberfest in Lucerne! Can’t wait!!!! Since we couldn’t do Vitznau, it worked perfectly to go to Fortress Furigen before going up to dinner on the Stanserhorn.

Thank you so much for the article!

• The thread ‘Stanserhorn 4-course dinner, reserve trip up?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.