Strasbourg - Interlaken Ost with Swiss Travel Pass

Strasbourg - Interlaken Ost with Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
prisho
prisho
2 posts
Jul 21, 2017 - 3:33 PM

Hi,

I will be travelling to Interlaken Ost on 10th September from Strasbourg. I was looking at RailEurope tickets from Strasbourg to Interlaken OST and it appears that only flexible fares are available. I plan to purchase the first leg of the trip Strasbourg to Basel SBB (8:51AM to 10:09AM) and use the Swiss Travel Pass for the 2nd leg from Basel SBB to Interlaken OST (10:59AM to 12:57PM). My only concern is what if I end up not being able to catch the 10:59AM train at Basel SBB due to no seats available on the day?

Regards,

Priscilla

rockoyster
rockoyster
3697 posts
expert
Jul 21, 2017 - 11:11 PM in reply to prisho

Hello Priscilla and welcome to My SwissAlps,

Don't worry - the chances of not getting a seat are negligible. You will be there well before the train leaves Basel so could easily be the first to board. It is very rare to make reservations on Swiss trains apart from the major panoramic scenic routes.

Happy travels.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3697 posts
expert
Jul 22, 2017 - 12:54 AM

Hi Priscilla,

If you wanted to avoid using a day of your Swiss Travel Pass you can actually get a Savings Fare ride from Offenburg to Interlaken OST for €34.90 if you book through the DB website. www.bahn.com/en/view/i ndex.shtml

Savings Fares only apply to the specific trip so you need to be sure you are travelling at that time.

prisho
prisho
2 posts
Jul 22, 2017 - 12:45 PM in reply to rockoyster

Thanks so much! I will take a look at the DB website.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018