Where to stay after Geneva, Zermatt & Interlaken?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Camezqui
Camezqui
2 posts
Jul 31, 2019 - 10:57 AM

I’ve got more than half of my itinerary figured out for our trip to Switzerland middle August. I just need help with the end.

Day 1: Fly Munich to Geneva. Stay Geneva

Day 2: to Zermatt via Montreux (Freddy Mercury fan) Stay Zermatt

Day 3: Gornergrat Railway, Zermatt sites, seeing “Matterhorn, No Ladies Please”. Stay Zermatt

Day 4: Train to Interlaken. Stay Interlaken

Day 5: Jungfraujoch leave luggage train station. Then to Luzern stay Luzern

Day 6: Ferry to Brunnen (Victorinox museum) Stay Luzern

Day 7: See? Stay?

Day 8: Fly out of Zürich 10:30a

QUESTIONS

- Should we stay in Interlaken and then go to Luzern the next day?

- Should we make time for Zürich? Stay before airport or take train in morning?

- Suggestions for our last day?

Thank you

rockoyster
rockoyster
7071 posts
expert
Jul 31, 2019 - 10:50 PM in reply to Camezqui

Hello Camezqui and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

I would stay in Luzern day 5, 6 and 7 and get an early train direct to Zurich Airport.

For day 7 see www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne/activities.

Matterhorn, No Ladies Please

In case anyone is wondering - www.zermatt.ch/en/Medi a/Media-corner/Press-releases/Zermatt-Open-Air-Theatre-enters-its-third-act

Camezqui
Camezqui
2 posts
Jul 31, 2019 - 11:57 PM in reply to rockoyster

Thank you - I appreciate the advice

Annika
Annika
5834 posts
expert &
Aug 1, 2019 - 11:46 AM in reply to Camezqui

Hi Camezqui, thanks for joining MySwissAlps! I like Rockoyster's recommendation to stay in Lucerne on day 5, 6 and 7. You'll find our accommodation tips at:

Here's some information on Zurich that may help you decide whether or not you'd like to spend some hours there: www.myswissalps.com/zu rich. If you feel more comfortable staying in a hotel near the airport during your last night, you'll find tips at www.myswissalps.com/zu richairporthotels.

Once your itinerary is pretty much finalized, you could look into rail passes. An 8 day Swiss Travel Pass would work for your itinerary, but whether it's the cheapest solution depends on some details, such as your plans for day 7. Here's how to calculate rail pass options: www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019