Swiss Half Fare Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 June 2013 at 3:26:14 #806058

Hi,
    I’ve ordered 4 Swiss Half Fare cards in online for 15th August through the link provided in this site.
    But I didn’t receive any receipt of this online purchase over e-mail, not even any order number.
    Can you please let me know what’s the normal procedure of this kind of purchase?
    I am worried because if the tickets don’t reach on time how can i track the order I made?

Thanks a lot.
    Debapriya

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    18 June 2013 at 6:52:51 #838910

Hi Debapriya,

You should have received a confirmation email. If you didn’t, it may have been blocked by a spam filter of your email provider, or you may find it in the junk mail folder of your email. If you can’t find it I would recommend to contact the reseller directly as explained here. Don’t worry, there’s plenty of time to get the cards to you! Just let me know in case I can be of further assistance.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 June 2013 at 9:16:21 #838911

Thanks Arno. I’ve written to the resellers. They are looking into it.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 June 2013 at 10:00:49 #838912

Thanks for your help. I’ve got the reciept. 🙂

Arno
    15483 posts
    18 June 2013 at 10:03:54 #838913

I’m glad to hear that. Enjoy your traveling!

remyo
    Participant
    26 posts
    18 June 2013 at 11:36:12 #838914

Arno, is there an advantage to buying the Half Fare Card ahead of time instead of at the airport in Geneva? Also, will I be able to use a Mastercard (from the US) at stations to buy my Half Fare Card and point-to-point tickets?

Arno
    15483 posts
    18 June 2013 at 13:01:19 #838915

You would save some time if you already have the cards. Also, if you already have the cards you can get your tickets from the ticketing machines too, which saves time and makes you independent of the station sales counter opening hours. The cards can not be purchased from the ticketing machines. As for payment, see your other post.

remyo
    Participant
    26 posts
    18 June 2013 at 14:16:44 #838916

Thank you!!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2013 at 10:05:37 #838917

Hello

I am travelling with my wife to Swiss for 9 days and am actually a bit confused on whether a half fare card would be better or should I go for a Swiss pass. Our intended travel is from Zurich-Lucerne-Engelberg-Interlaken-Bern-Montreux-Lausanne-Zurich.

Also with the half saver card do you get 50% discount on the mountain excursions like Jungfrau, Schilthorn, Mt Titlis etc…..

Arno
    15483 posts
    19 June 2013 at 12:53:17 #838918

Hi Vivekagarwal,

It sounds like you’ve planned a lot of traveling which would make the Swiss Pass a better fit. However, it depends on your exact itinerary. Once you know that you can do the math as explained here. Apart from the price, a Swiss Pass would be more convenient for frequent traveling like you seem to have planned, as you don’t need to buy tickets for each trip.

The Swiss Half Fare Card provides discounts on many mountain excursions, including the ones you mentioned. If you download the map from the Swiss Half Fare Card page you can see all details. A similar map is available from the Swiss Pass page.

If you have further questions, please feel free to open a new topic.

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.