Swiss pass and the golden pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 August 2012 at 9:52:46 #805522

I am going to be in switzerland from 21 to 29 of the month of august.
    Can I use my swiss saver pass or swiss flexi pass on the golden pass line or do i need another type of pass?

i will be going from montreux to interlaken to lucerne and stay in these plases for 2 nights each?

can you please suggest any other pas or the most suitable pass for me
    thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    6 August 2012 at 12:22:30 #836908

Welcome karanzavar! The Golden Pass line is covered indeed (for free with a Swiss Pass and free travel days of a Swiss Flexi Pass, and discounted by 50% on non-free travel days of a Swiss Flexi Pass). If you want to make seat reservations, which is recommendable since you’re traveling in August, you’ll pay an additional reservation fee.

In case you’re looking for hotels: these overviews of Interlaken and Lucerne may come in handy.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 August 2012 at 21:20:58 #836909

I have a 2for1 swiss 4day flexi-pass and reservations for GoldenPass Lucern-Interlaken on 11-Sep, then Interlaken-Montreux on 16-Sep. I,too was trying to purchase the actual tickets, first on GoldenPass site, then RailEurope, but wasn’t getting anywhere. Is it really true that the tickets are covered 100% with the flex-pass, as long as I use those 2 days as travel days? I was under the impression that there was only a 50% discount with any of the passes, according to the price list on the GoldenPass web site.

Annika
    7103 posts
    11 August 2012 at 1:24:36 #836910

Hi normantibihault. Yes, the Swiss Flexi Pass grants free traveling on the Golden Pass as mentioned above. So if you use your pass on a free travel day, you don’t have to pay for the ride itself and you don’t have to buy any tickets. It is recommended though that you arrange for seat reservations. You can follow the link in the answer to karanzavar.

• The thread ‘Swiss pass and the golden pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.