Swiss Pass difference

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2013 at 10:29:14 #805925

Hello all, we are going to Switzerland and Italy for 10 days, starting in Zurich and ending in Geneva. Here is what we have planned:
    Arrive in Zurich (Sightseeing in Zurich) (Lake Zurich, Old Town, Toy Museum, Bahnstrasse (sp?))
    Head to Lucerne (Lake Lucerne, Old Town, Glacier Garden, Transport Museum & Mt Titlis)
    Head to Interlaken (Jungfrau, Beatenberg)
    Golden Pass from to Montreaux.
    Montreaux to Geneva on train.
    Geneva to Venice on flight.
    Sightseeing in Venice
    Head back to Geneva on flight, catch flight home.
    We were initially planning on buying a Swiss Super Saver Flexi Pass. But now we are in a dilemma as to which we should do? – the Swiss Half Fare Card + Full Day Card as needed or just the Swiss Super Saver Flexi Pass?
    As per the above itinery, we are planning on making use of the bus/tram/train/boat etc.
    Also, what percentage of the fare will be covered for Jungfrau and Mount Titlis on the Swiss Super Saver Flexi Pass and the Swiss Half Fare Card? I am asking because in some sites it says 50% and in some it says 25% and in some it says Free.
    Also, I see that the Zurich card offers a boat ride on Lake Zurich for 1.5 hours. Is the same covered if I buy the Swiss Super Saver Flexi Pass? Is there any difference between the modes of transport covered by the Zurich card and the Swiss Super Saver Flexi Pass? Thanks in advance for replies.
    I have been trying to do the math, but I do not know how much the bus/tram fare will be (inter-city/attraction to attraction) which is why I am not able to calculate the fare difference between the 2 cards – Swiss Super Saver Flexi Pass and the Swiss Half Fare Card. Thanks in advance for replies.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    24 April 2013 at 13:37:57 #838458

Hello princess13,

I assume you mean the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass? (I don’t know of a Super variant) All about that pass can be found here, and all about the Swiss Half Fare Card is here. Both pages allow you to download a detailed map showing exactly what’s included and how much discount you’ll get. Here’s explained how to calculate what’s the cheapest pass option.

Both passes provide a 50% discount on mountain transport, with a few exceptions. Jungfrau: -25% with the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass, -50% with the Swiss Half Fare Card. Rigi: free with the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass, -50% with the Swiss Half Fare Card. Well, you’ll see when you study the maps.

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass difference’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.